Default Medusa (Soul eater) vs Rider (Fate/Stay night)

Medusa (Soul eater) vs Rider (Fate/Stay night)

I see what you did there.

Not really familiar with Soul Eater but my hasty research doesn’t show any real counter for Mystic Eyes of Petrification. Nasuverse hax is hard to get around without overwhelming stat advantage or other hax.

Tentatively favoring Rider. I guess if Medusa’s hypersonic or something she could maybe blitz Rider.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei

Extraordinary Member

As much as I love Soul Eater Medusa, she's one of my all time favourite villains in any medium, I don't quite think that she can get the job done here.

She can throw down in fight with the more combat heavy characters in her home series, but usually only keeps up by using tricky magic and some prep time. And while I've forgotten the specific speed algorithm for Soul Eater, I do believe that it's not as steep as the one in the Fate series (in general that is, Black Star could probably hang with servants).

Her magic is also a lot less hax than Rider's more hax abilities.

So yeah, Medusa from Soul Eater probably loses this fight.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Rider depends a bit on who is currently acting as her mana source. I would normally assume she's at full power, but that really only happens in HF, and only for part of the story. The rest of the time, she's stuck with Shinji and largely dependent on her pre-established blood fort to keep her mana going, or just vamping random people. Neither of those is particularly viable in Khazan though. Since we're talking about "Rider", it's definitely the servant form of her being discussed, so this is kind of an inextricable part of that.

Anyway, I agree the Mystic Eyes are pretty broken. I can't recall if she ever actually used them under Shinji. She pulled them out in the school, but that might have been after his book got destroyed, and I'm pretty sure it was. I kind of suspect they'd burn through her entire supply of mana in like two seconds if she used them under Shinji. Correct me if I'm wrong about the scene though.

I can't say much about Soul Eater Medusa, so I dunno if Shinji or Sakura changes the outcome, but it definitely has a drastic effect on her power. Like Rider-under-Shinji has to expend effort to deal with early Shirou where Rider-under-Sakura is a legitimate challenge for full power Historic King Arthur Saber (even if she couldn't actually WIN on her own).
    Last edited by BitVyper; 10-17-2018 at 11:53 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Even based on my superficial knowledge of the Nasu-verse, I don't see Medusa winning this one.