Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Congratulations Enigmatic Undead

I thought this thread would be full of Catwoman covers, though yours was clearly one of the best.

http://www.justsayah.com/galleries/1...twoman_covers/
    Last edited by Kirby101; 10-24-2018 at 05:35 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yay, EnigmaUn!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Congratulations to Enigmatic Undead for a Delicious Catwoman cover. The power of this cover and its detail lie not in the sheer sexuality of the buxom female character, but her face and the details able to convey a very tough evening. I am now going to try and see if there's some meaning to the number selected for Selina's card. Yes, that's what i do. Don't judge. Seriously, I'll probably pull some other fanboy stunt later on anyway.

As to what the captain has learned this week, he has been blessed to see covers by a talented artist who clearly specializes in the female form. But the poses and settings seem far less exploitative than other well-known "cheesecake" artists. My idea to post a relative rare work of Hughes' with a male character failed miserably this week. From a completely academic view, I tried to be different and in doing so failed to play to the strength of the theme. I would say the captain has learned Adam Hughes draws purty women, but let's be honest, we all knew that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    nah....bad guys are more fun Besides, I'd lose my Latverian citizenship

Thanks for voting for me, Captain. And thanks to icctrombone's vote ..Crystal is one of my favorites too. I still wish she and Johnny would get back together. And thanks to CJStriker for giving me an honorable mention.
    The Reed pose was the selling point for me. That is easily one of the best Reed cover shots I've ever seen and that is out of a LOT of covers as mrs Cleghorn would happily complain about.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Congratulations Enigmatic Undead

I thought this thread would be full of Catwoman covers, though yours was clearly one of the best.

http://www.justsayah.com/galleries/1...twoman_covers/
    Wow! I had no idea Hughes did THAT many Catwoman covers!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, I'm a longtime Betty and Veronica fan, so using the cover from the trade edition of the Adam Hughes mini series (there were two others he did I could've used) was first and foremost for me.
    I didn't make my vote in time but it was down to Kirby101's really nice wraparound cover (still trying to figure out who all the characters are) or one of the Betty and Veronica ones.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

Wow that was unexpected thanks everyone for playing new contest up shortly!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Congrats EU!

I would not want to be the cop in charge of booking Catwoman.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Congratulations Enigmatic Undead!

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Iron Maiden because I still have a crush on Crystal.
    Who wouldn't?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

Congratulations Enigmatic Undead.
    I knew Adam Hughes was a great artist,but i have to say that even i that have been a fan of the art by him was surprised to see the variety of comic books he have illustrated.
    Last edited by comicscollector; 10-24-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Congratulations Enigmatic Undead.
    I knew Adam Hughes was a great artist,but i have to say that even i that have been a fan of the art by him was surprised to see the variety of comic books he have illustrated.
    It belongs in the testament to this contest that even some of us old-time supposed knowledgeable fanboys like me learn so much every week.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    It belongs in the testament to this contest that even some of us old-time supposed knowledgeable fanboys like me learn so much every week.
    Same here.
    Every week i discover lots of covers that i had never seen before in the cover contest,and i have been Reading comic books for many years.