Default A tribute to Kees

For those of you that haven't heard, Kees Lagerweij passed away on October 16.

Back when I was first getting into Hellboy, Kees was one of my guides here on the forum that helped me out. And later he also helped me out with bits of the Publishing Order thread.

Kees was always helping new fans. R.I.P. Kees.

Amazing Member

That's very sad to hear. He was a great member of the community and had a lot of interesting things to say and discuss. My thoughts with his family.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Wow, that's a terrible shock; I'll really miss talking to him here. How'd you learn of his passing?

It’s up on the Art if Mike Mignola Facebook group. Very sad

I had minimal interactions with Kees directly, but back in May I sent him the Playboy magazine with the Hellboy Lambton Worm story in it because he couldn't find it where he lived in The Netherlands. His response to receiving the magazine in the mail made me laugh: "the smut mag has reached me in exquisite order and lightning fast. Thanks a ton.". He was a very nice guy.

Fantastic Member

That guy always had the most insightful and interesting perspectives on these books. I’ll miss his commentary a great deal. R.I.P. Kees.

Amazing Member

What a shock He was always helpful and respectful to every user. He was a great member of the community and will be missed. R.I.P. Kees.

This is such sad news. Kees was the heart and soul of this place, always joining in, responding to posts and debating his love of HB with everyone.

I'm really shocked.

He'll be missed.
    “Don't mess with me, lady. I've been drinking with skeletons.” -- Hellboy.
    “Dude, you’re embarrassing me in front of the Wizards.” -- Tony Stark.

Gosh, what surprisingly unexpected news. Just last year, I had helped him get a copy of Into the Silent Sea - Studio Edition (crowdfunding) because Flesk wouldn't ship internationally. He was an extremely active member of the group.

The Claw of Justice!

He will certainly be missed. I always enjoyed his contributions to the board, he always had something interesting to add. Rest in peace sir.
    @lobster20000 on Instagram

I can't recall the exact circumstances now, and it wasn't anything all that major. But once, years ago, Kees told me to "mind my own business". Like I said, it was harmless and for the record, I deserved it. If Kees ever put you in your place, best to just shut up and stay there. To this day I have nothing but respect for him as a fellow Hellboy fan.

Sorry to hear this and thanks for letting us know.

I've been away and this is terrible news to return to.

godspeed, Kees.