Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Marvel is trying way hard to make Carol Danvers their “Superwoman”... (Spoilers)

Talk about trying to hard to make someone become something else... according to these Bleeding Cool articles about “The life of Captain Marvel” spoilers:
    and how close Marvel is truly trying to make her their Superwoman.
    end of spoilers

I almost feel sick just by it.

As fans of the character: What is your take on this ?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...her-real-name/

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...mean-not-hope/

BANNED

I think people should know her sexual background more than her being supergirl or wonder woman LOL

Previously [full disclaimer: not reading her book and haven't mostly in recent years) I've always liked the character - a lot. All the way back to her "real" origins.

This is not going to make me start reading the book, but rather the opposite.

I could handle this for the movie iteration, but not for the book.

Calling her Carr-Ell is fair game. Supergirl is on TV running around calling herself Kara Danvers.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

I'm not a fan of origin change or amendment in general and this I find particularly clunky and forced

BANNED

I love how you had to find out by reading an article when the last issue came out about 3 weeks ago. Suggesting you dont read her comics yet you have enough input to suggest she's Marvel's attempt at a Superwoman again without reading the actual story.

Her biology is more attuned to Aquaman, Namor, Jon Kent then it is any full kryptonian. Its her own thing among Kree given she's a Kree/Human hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'm not a fan of origin change or amendment in general and this I find particularly clunky and forced
    My sentiments exactly. Clunky and forced fits this to a "T". She had a good origin, background as a character before her powers. Tell some stories about her and don't keep going back and adding stuff that bogs down the character.

they might as well, but make sure to push this with more merchandise (shirts, mugs, posters, etc.) and more comics.

the lack of a back catalog of solo comics for TPB compilations doesn't help. They'll have to be sure to include her on the covers to Avengers catalog books of the 80s and late 90s.

Car-Ell? Oh boy....
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Calling her Carr-Ell is fair game. Supergirl is on TV running around calling herself Kara Danvers.
    Supergirl was created in the 1950s with the secret identity of Linda Danvers - of course, when Carol was created a decade later she was just a love interest, not a superheroine, so nobody had to foresight to give her a different name. Carol's the one who ripped Kara off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I love how you had to find out by reading an article when the last issue came out about 3 weeks ago. Suggesting you dont read her comics yet you have enough input to suggest she's Marvel's attempt at a Superwoman again without reading the actual story.

Her biology is more attuned to Aquaman, Namor, Jon Kent then it is any full kryptonian. Its her own thing among Kree given she's a Kree/Human hybrid.

Well I was thinking of giving this mini a go as a trade

Now I guess I can save the cash

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    My sentiments exactly. Clunky and forced fits this to a "T". She had a good origin, background as a character before her powers. Tell some stories about her and don't keep going back and adding stuff that bogs down the character.
    Wasn't she air force and a security chief of a covert base or something

fairly ahead of the curve for the time I thought

Ultimate Member

It's just another origin tweek. Most characters that have been around for more than a few decades have gone through them for better or worse. And Carol in particular has been through almost half a dozen revamps since the 60's. This is certainly nothing to be feeling "sick" over.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    He's complaining about the Car-Ell thing which was revealed today.

All this revision seems un-necessary. This is reaching into Guy Gardner territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Supergirl was created in the 1950s with the secret identity of Linda Danvers - of course, when Carol was created a decade later she was just a love interest, not a superheroine, so nobody had to foresight to give her a different name. Carol's the one who ripped Kara off.
    Isn't Linda Danvers the name Peter David used? For the Angel version?
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 10-17-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum