Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Saitama (One-Punch Man) vs Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

The One-Punch Man vs the Leader of the Straw Hats. Who wins?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Probably... Saitama... I think...

He's done similar scale feats as peak current Luffy with less effort and also might... be faster?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

not sure who is faster than whom at this point.

gonna have to think on it a bit longer.

I'd probably give this one to Saitama but it would be close. At least until Luffy gets a better handle on his precog.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Saitama serious punch stomps here.

Think Saitama being slammed into the moon at 1/3rd the speed of light and his only reaction was oh better hold my breath puts him well beyond Luffy's ability to hurt imo

Getting punched to the moon without damage. Jumping back (which should count as a speed feat, since he's able to turn around and stick the landing despite his travel velocity). Countering an attack that parted the clouds around half the world with a single punch that additionally parted the clouds around the around the other half. Saitama's on a higher all-around level than OP characters.

He probably can't hurt Luffy without haki, but he can launch him into space and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning View Post
    Getting punched to the moon without damage. Jumping back (which should count as a speed feat, since he's able to turn around and stick the landing despite his travel velocity). Countering an attack that parted the clouds around half the world with a single punch that additionally parted the clouds around the around the other half. Saitama's on a higher all-around level than OP characters.

He probably can't hurt Luffy without haki, but he can launch him into space and be done with it.
    Does luffy have unlimited durability? Saitama one punched a life wiping attack. Can Luffy really not be hurt by that?

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Does luffy have unlimited durability? Saitama one punched a life wiping attack. Can Luffy really not be hurt by that?
    His power is basically magic and has always been presented as specifically negating blunt damage in just a this-is-how-it-works way, regardless of the potency of the attack. I'm inclined to think of it as a conceptual immunity the series doesn't feel the need to prove anymore.

But, strictly speaking, he has no feats for taking hits that powerful.

EDIT: I guess by the same token, no logia has ever taken a Saitama-level punch. But would we not assume that the basic rules of their physiology would protect them?
    Last edited by Morning; 10-17-2018 at 06:53 PM.

His power is basically magic and has always been presented as specifically negating blunt damage in just a this-is-how-it-works way, regardless of the potency of the attack. I'm inclined to think of it as a conceptual immunity the series doesn't feel the need to prove anymore.

EDIT: I guess by the same token, no logia has ever taken a Saitama-level punch. But would we not assume that the basic rules of their physiology would protect them?
    Don't Logia avoid harm by phasing with their element? Like its really hard to punch lightning, or light, or smoke, or fire. Saitama could disperse certain elements via wind pressure or force like Ice, Sand, Fire, and Smoke but they would just reform. Luffy's paramecia gum element isn't like that is it? He literally takes hits. There's got to be a limit there.

Luffy doesnt actually have intangibility and the ability to reform from tiny pieces is what im saying.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Don't Logia avoid harm by phasing with their element? Like its really hard to punch lightning, or light, or smoke, or fire. Saitama could disperse certain elements via wind pressure or force like Ice, Sand, Fire, and Smoke but they would just reform. Luffy's paramecia gum element isn't like that is it? He literally takes hits. There's got to be a limit there.

Luffy doesnt actually have intangibility and the ability to reform from tiny pieces is what im saying.
    I hear you. I still interpret it differently. But even from your perspective, look at it this way: no amount of blunt, purely physical attack, from the weakest One Piece punch to the strongest he was victim to, has resulted in any degree of difference in the amount of damage he takes. So even if one could cause him damage at all, it would have to be a lot more than the yet-unachieved level of "minimally noticeable" to actually be significant in the arena.

Extraordinary Member

Luffy cannot match the raw power needed to launch Saitama to the moon, which Saitama shrugged off with a "Huh, that happened."

Luffy's also been injured by a weaker opponent who, to the best of our knowledge, wasn't using haki (Lucci). Granted, that was before the timeskip but we've yet to see Luffy tank anything of par with the punch that killed Boros, or the power required to leap back to earth from the moon in like a few seconds.

As for speed. Check out the last few One Punch-Man chapters where we get to see Flashy Flash in action and just how ridiculously fast he is. If the manga follows the original web comic, which it probably will, then that speed is nothing to Saitama, and Luffy just can't match that.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I mean, no limits aside, what's stopping Saitama from stepping on Luffy's foot and giving him a serious punch? I ASSUME Luffy hasn't demonstrated the tensile strength to survive being stretched several hundred thousand miles (just based on the moon jump and that Saitama is blatantly stronger than the guy who did the moon punch) without tearing.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

Apparently Luffy's resistence doesn't seem to apply to Shockwave attacks, so Saitama could punch the air and hurt him that way if he needs too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

As for speed. Check out the last few One Punch-Man chapters where we get to see Flashy Flash in action and just how ridiculously fast he is. If the manga follows the original web comic, which it probably will, then that speed is nothing to Saitama, and Luffy just can't match that.
    If this is the fight I'm thinking about, then it should be noted that the entire last couple chapters happen in a timestop after the two monsters Flashy Flash is fighting use their full potential.

And it turns out Flashy was just waiting until he could kill them both simultaneously.

His top speed is apparently even higher.

He's fast, not Karas-fast, but still damned quick.