Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Classic Dr Fate vs Dr Manhattan

Pre Crisis Kent vs Current Rebirth Jon
    Who Wins? 🤔

Fate could like ten count him.

Given his stats plus magic.

Manhattan is a God like being, but he is slow to act usually. Given he sees possibilities of everything. Though if he can connect, that’s a if. Do not see why Fate would not be turned to dead goo in a fancy helmet.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Fate could like ten count him.

Given his stats plus magic.

Manhattan is a God like being, but he is slow to act usually. Given he sees possibilities of everything. Though if he can connect, that’s a if. Do not see why Fate would not be turned to dead goo in a fancy helmet.
    Well the fact that pre crisis kent fate cant be killed

Could pose a problem to that eventuality.

Manhattan could beat him with pre cog + time manipulation

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

By the looks of it, he had to actually go to those places in the past though, which isn't much help in the arena, since he'll just ring himself out.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    By the looks of it, he had to actually go to those places in the past though, which isn't much help in the arena, since he'll just ring himself out.
    It doesn't say anywhere that he actually went to those places except Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Pretty sure that blue moth is him.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Well the fact that pre crisis kent fate cant be killed

Could pose a problem to that eventuality.
    If he'd said "Kent" instead of Fate I'd buy it, but I'm pretty sure he's talking to Nabu/Dr. Fate rather than the mortal Nelson. In other words: Nabu/Fate cannot die, but I'm confident the man wearing the helmet is just as mortal as always regardless of magic. Of course that's based on this one scan, if there's more evidence of Kent's immortality I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He directly states he is standing on Alan's grave in 1950, I don't see how that can be understood any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If he'd said "Kent" instead of Fate I'd buy it, but I'm pretty sure he's talking to Nabu/Dr. Fate rather than the mortal Nelson. In other words: Nabu/Fate cannot die, but I'm confident the man wearing the helmet is just as mortal as always regardless of magic. Of course that's based on this one scan, if there's more evidence of Kent's immortality I'd be happy to admit I'm wrong.

He directly states he is standing on Alan's grave in 1950, I don't see how that can be understood any other way.
    Oh, missed that. My bad.

Yeah I know Nabu is like a cosmic that is really old/powerful. But the host/wearer can still die like anyone else.

And it shows Manhattan dicking with Alan Scott. Ummm, why a hero? Manhattan just testing to see if he can screw with time for hell of it? Makes him a true villain now.

Yeah I know Nabu is like a cosmic that is really old/powerful. But the host/wearer can still die like anyone else.

And it shows Manhattan dicking with Alan Scott. Ummm, why a hero? Manhattan just testing to see if he can screw with time for hell of it? Makes him a true villain now.
    Doomsday Clock is basically Johns proclaiming that the Watchmen comic books themselves somehow mind controlled him, and all the other writers who gritted and brutalized the hell up out of DC comics on their own just fine, into writing things like Infinite Crisis, and that clearly all the darkness you can find in the DCU now is the fault of Dr Manhattan screwing around with time. Not the story choices he and writers like him made over and over. (Obviously he's not literally saying this, but in basically using Manhattan as his "anything you don't like in the DCU is his fault!" character, he is more or less saying this ;p)

Manhattan and indeed this series is basically his proxy for proclaiming "it wasn't me! Look, I'm fixing all the things that were totally not ever my fault!"
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-27-2018 at 10:17 AM.

So Manhattan is like Supervoy Prime 2.0. Just blue and different power sets?

So Manhattan is like Supervoy Prime 2.0. Just blue and different power sets?
    In the sense of taking a character and turning them into a wide scale murderous dick to make really one sided and straw mannish comments about comic books and such as read them (or I guess in this case, write them, because Doomsday Clock could not be screaming "blame Alan Moore! Not me!" harder, to the point that Johns is the guy at the end of the Warriors whining "no! noooo! it wasn't me! it was the Warriors!" to the Gramercy Riffs/DC comics readers who found the NuDCU and just a whole bunch of other things, you know, not to their liking.)
    Last edited by Pendaran; 10-27-2018 at 11:30 AM.

DC really needs to get out of that cycle. Putting in plot blame on a fictional character who previously had nothing to do with main canon.

Marvel is shit too but seriously DC. What, another Crisis reboot?! At this point with next one do like the Japanese do with manga, write compelling good stuff, that *shock* could have a ending and yet still sell merchandise.

And you want more stories with said character? It’s called a multiverse. Actually use it.