Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

We know Tyler loves playing the character but that in and of itself doesn't mean anything. But the Arrow folks do tend to give the fans what they want and people want this. The real question is HOW will they do this? Do they really want Superman and Supergirl more or less competing with each other? I'll believe it when a more reliable source talks about it. I haven't seen this on any other site. So we'll see.
    Assassinate Putin!

If that Supergirl movie is happening WB might have decided to end the Supergirl show so as to not “confuse” people. Stuff like that is why Batman doesn’t show up.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Forgive me if I don't give too much credence to a website called fandomwire...

When more credible sources start reporting this, I'll start paying attention.

Astonishing Member

If they are doing a Superman show, I'd rather they not do Hoechlin's version. His version works well as a supporting character on Supergirl and the other CW shows - not so much as the lead of a series of his own.

If Superman's coming back to TV, I'd actually rather see a Golden Age-inspired Superman, one taking cues from Morrison's New 52 arc.

God No!!!! I hope it's not true. Not with this actor and continuity. I can't stand him.

I wouldn't mind another Superman show, but at least do it really well with a decent budget to do it justice. And a new/fresh actor. I don't trust the CW writers anymore.

Took me a while, I'm back Netherman14's Avatar

I like the actor, I don't like the material he was given.
    Pull-List:

DC: Batman: Damned, The Green Lantern. Young Justice. Wonder Twins

Boom!: Ronin Samurai.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    God No!!!! I hope it's not true. Not with this actor and continuity. I can't stand him.

I wouldn't mind another Superman show, but at least do it really well with a decent budget to do it justice. And a new/fresh actor. I don't trust the CW writers anymore.
    Why?

10char

BANNED

A completely unrepentant "all tights and flights" Superman show is what I require. Lois and Clark reborn!

Spectacular Member

The reason why this is happening is because the Superman fanbase is too polarized. 70s kids generation wants Chris Reeves red trunks, John Williams theme, people born in the 90s like Man of Steel. I personally like aspects of both. Unles s both sides come to a consensus to what Superman is, it will continue to do subpar numbers at the box office, so it's being sent back to television.

If you said Superman Netflix show, or Superman HBO show, I'd be in. But CW? That's so depressing.

Last Son of Shaolin GreatKungLao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If you said Superman Netflix show, or Superman HBO show, I'd be in.
    Especially if they got Henry and Amy play the leading parts and show was part of DCEU. That's a dream.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreatKungLao View Post
    Especially if they got Henry and Amy play the leading parts and show was part of DCEU. That's a dream.
    You don't dream small, do you?

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I actually think a Superman series on the CW actually could in theory work alongside Supergirl, especially if indeed we have a merging of earths on the offing. That would probably mean an altering of history to a degree. That would mean an earth where Superman knows and have worked alongside both Oliver and Barry prior to Kara emerging. A Superman series could presumably explore this new history of the new earth "Superarrow". Obviously that wouldn't be the sole focus, but it could be used to fill in gaps as well as tell more self contained stories.

But we will see of course. It's possible that for awhile we could get a situation where Tyler's Superman ends up a " free agent" guest star across the Arrowverse TV shows for a year or two to test the waters first, or that could be the source for this rumor. Or it could all be hot air and lies.

Either way, I can't scoff at the prospect of more live action Supes. Would I prefer that WB would get off their ass and keep going with Cavill on more Superman movies? Absolutely. However the reality is WB's film division just doesn't want to use Superman at the moment, and if Berlanti and co want to use him, well that's better than keeping the character on the shelf for another decade IMO.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-18-2018 at 01:35 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    The reason why this is happening is because the Superman fanbase is too polarized.
    To paraphrase Lex Luthor in BvS: "The fandom is tribal. The fandom take sides." And don't tell me that guys like Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti are not fully aware of that. Want an example? When Newsarama published an article on Facebook about the delaying of the Flash film, one of the first comments was "CANCEL THIS MOVIE! GRANT GUSTIN IS THE REAL FLASH!".

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    70s kids generation wants Chris Reeves red trunks, John Williams theme, people born in the 90s like Man of Steel.
    I was born in the 70's and grew up with Christopher Reeve, but Henry Cavill is my Superman!
    Last edited by Thomas Crown; 10-18-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Astonishing Member

I hate being negative much anymore but this feels like a mistake. Superman needs depiction that are going to enhance the way he's viewed, but this guy is everything wrong with modern Superman.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory