Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Default Warner Bros planning Superman CW show (Update: Heroic Hollywood says fake rumor)

Last edited by Lightning Rider; 10-19-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Interesting. And with Batfleck wanting to hang up the cape and cowl as well, that may open the way for "Clark's friend" to at least pop up as well.

Astonishing Member

Oh for God's sake.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Have I traveled back to 2001?

Kon93

Ok,I'll take it,but I want Henry as superman also,he is just the most manly superman we have ever had and it was nice to see that portrayal.

The CW will definitely give us a more "feelings" superman,which I can stomach if they play up everything we love about superman,and not just the CW mushiness.

Lose the clasps for the cape,the belt is to thick and straight,and i see with the black super suit shown the other day they fixed the boots.now we just need him to bulk up a lil,and wear some lifts in his boots.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Don't dangle this in front of me unless you're actually going to do it! This is interesting given that they straight up said they didn't plan to do a Superman show after his debut. With the movie version now in limbo I guess they've changed their minds.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd be excited about a TV series, but I've no interest whatsoever in the CW shows. So yeah, we're getting more Superman possibly but...meh.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This is depressing.

I can't even sit through 3 minutes of one of these CW shows.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 10-17-2018 at 08:37 PM.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Eh, don't have any feelings on this good or bad since I don't watch the CW shows but hey cool news for the fans of CW Superman if he gets a show.

Though has a bigger outlet than "Fandom Wire" like one of the trades done a story about this yet?
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 10-17-2018 at 04:46 PM.

With Cavill basically gone I thought this might happen. Still I need to see a more reputable outlet say it’s coming before I’ll start believing a Superman show is happening.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wish this show could be on DC Universe rather than the cw, either way I am so happy about a superman show potentially happening.

If Warner Bros really give a spinoff show to the CW Superman, it will be the definitive proof that they don't have the slightest idea of what to do with the character and a spit in the face of Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill.
    "Longtime fans will read the book and bitch about it NO MATTER WHAT."

- Grant Morrison

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I hate the fact that we are almost certainly losing Henry Cavill as Superman and losing that version of the character before we can properly dive into him.

That being said, I'm not going to just automatically hate on the idea of Tyler getting his own series. As much as i am a bit over the Supergirl series at the moment, Tyler's Superman was one of the best things about it in spite of how problematic his third appearance was. Those first two episodes were easily the best episodes of season 2. If indeed the Elseworlds crossover is the back door pilot to a Superman solo series as its being rumored and also possibly merges Earth Arrow and Earth Super as it's been implied, then it could lead to an intriguing launch point for a Superman series. If WB films doesn't want to use Supes, let WB TV do something with him and keep him out there in flesh and blood and in live action.

I just hope though the Superman series takes more of its cues from FLASH and ARROW and a bit less from SUPERGIRL in terms of quality. Don't get me wrong, i still think Mellisa Benoist is great in the role and like her Kara overall, but the show isn't just doing it for me as much as it did the first two seasons.

I still think it's stupid that we can't have Supes on both the big and small screens at the same time.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 10-17-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

I have zero issue with Tyler's take. I just wish it were a reboot set within its own dedicated continuity. I'm not a big fan of the CW verses.

I guess beggars can't be choosers though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Not going to bite on this. Not yet.

Two shoes have to drop before this can become a reality, IMHO.

One shoe is Henry Cavill not returning as the big-screen Superman. This actually appears to be happening, despite non-denials from both camps

The other shoe, which I don't think is happening anytime soon, would be Melissa Benoist leaving SUPERGIRL for a bigger career elsewhere (either Broadway or Hollywood).

Because I think that the CW thinks that a SUPERGIRL and a SUPERMAN tv show running concurrently is too redundant.

And, if so, I'm inclined to agree.

The two shows running simultaneously would very likely cannibalize each other in terms of personnel, rogues, and storylines. And the CW should probably make sure that Supes never outshone his cousin, as hers would be the senior show.

TL,DR - Unless SUPERGIRL ends, SUPERMAN ain't getting his own show on the CW.