Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

who knows. maybe set it up as a six-episode filler series, or a summer show.

I'm kind of glad Tyler is not getting a Superman show. I know some wanted it, but I see it redundant when the Supergirl show is basically a Superman show for all intents and purposes. I don't see how fresh or special a Superman show it was going to be right now. Tyler works as a side character. Let's face it, he is nothing special in the Arrowverse. He's no top dog or the most inspirational character there like a Superman should be, so I don't care if he is just a guest star. He's Superman in name only.

That said, I simply can't understand why bring Lex Luthor to Supergirl if there is not going to be a Superman show?? Why waste Lex in that subpar show? IMO, the CW need to keep viewers interested, so they think Lex can give them that. But what is Clark going to do when Lex escapes from prison or gets out somehow? It doesn't make sense that Superman won't do anything about it. He should be watching Lex very closely.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Thank you for posting. I will edit the thread title.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I hope this doesn't mean they're gonna kill him off instead.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm kind of glad Tyler is not getting a Superman show. I know some wanted it, but I see it redundant when the Supergirl show is basically a Superman show for all intents and purposes. I don't see how fresh or special a Superman show it was going to be right now. Tyler works as a side character. Let's face it, he is nothing special in the Arrowverse. He's no top dog or the most inspirational character there like a Superman should be, so I don't care if he is just a guest star. He's Superman in name only.

That said, I simply can't understand why bring Lex Luthor to Supergirl if there is not going to be a Superman show?? Why waste Lex in that subpar show? IMO, the CW need to keep viewers interested, so they think Lex can give them that. But what is Clark going to do when Lex escapes from prison or gets out somehow? It doesn't make sense that Superman won't do anything about it. He should be watching Lex very closely.
    Well they gave Lex to the films and got Lenny Luthor 2.0 so why not let TV get another crack say what you will but Sherman Howard on Superboy, John Shea on Lois and Clark, Clancy Brown on Superman TAS, and Michael Rosenbaum were all good Lex Luthors even John Glover as Lionel/Proto Lex was fantastic.

Two sources have debunked this rumor. And anyway the CW is planning on a Batwoman series and a Superman series would take attention away from that because people would be
    talking about Superman instead of Batwoman.

https://www.cbr.com/superman-cw-tv-s...umor-debunked/

Would have been neat; I liked his appearances as Supes in SG. I could understand though how two new high profile shows in a short time added to a connected universe which has 4 shows already (and maybe 5 if BL joins the 'verse in the future) might be an overkill for the studio.