Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

might as well. Make it different from Lois & Clark. emphasize villains from the comics.

I'd be for it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    might as well. Make it different from Lois & Clark. emphasize villains from the comics.
    Didn't Supergirl use so many of them though? They'd have to reach for some more obscure ones. Which I'm all for, but my faith in their execution isn't as high.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Didn't Supergirl use so many of them though? They'd have to reach for some more obscure ones. Which I'm all for, but my faith in their execution isn't as high.
    I believe Lex, Brainiac, and Zod are unused then yeah the obscure ones who could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherman14 View Post
    I like the actor, I don't like the material he was given.
    I can agree with that. He did a decent job, even tho he is not exactly an impressive and imposing Superman, he does the job. He's too much like Reeve/Cain, tho. He is not his own Superman.

My main problem with Tyler's Superman is that he isn't really powerful and inspirational. He feels so second rate, ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If you said Superman Netflix show, or Superman HBO show, I'd be in. But CW? That's so depressing.
    Agreed. It tells you just how much WB aren't even trying... It feels like they are trying to punish us Superman fans for complaining so much..

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Crown View Post
    To paraphrase Lex Luthor in BvS: "The fandom is tribal. The fandom take sides." And don't tell me that guys like Geoff Johns and Greg Berlanti are not fully aware of that. Want an example? When Newsarama published an article on Facebook about the delaying of the Flash film, one of the first comments was "CANCEL THIS MOVIE! GRANT GUSTIN IS THE REAL FLASH!".

I was born in the 70's and grew up with Christopher Reeves, but Henry Cavill is my Superman!
    I grew up with Reeve movies but I also like Henry as Superman. I like both, and I also like Ezra Miller and Grant as the Flash. Guess I'm more reasonable and open-minded.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I believe Lex, Brainiac, and Zod are unused then yeah the obscure ones who could be fun.
    I suppose I'm thinking of Krypton too, even though it's a different network. Didn't Supergirl use a version of Brainiac? And not Zod himself, but a very similar character?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

If they're going to do this, then they're going to need to give him clothes that fit. That suit just hangs off him. I don't see why they can't use the villains already on Supergirl. Is Superman necessary to, say, Parasite's origin? He can still show up. Ditto Metallo. Hell, Reactron is a Supergirl villain and he fought Superman first. So this isn't new. Have Luthor break out of prison and you have a whole season's worth of episodes. I always wanted to see Prankster become a sort of Joker for Superman. Far as I know, Supergirl still hasn't used him yet.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I suppose I'm thinking of Krypton too, even though it's a different network. Didn't Supergirl use a version of Brainiac? And not Zod himself, but a very similar character?
    Zod showed up once as a hallucination. But supposedly Superman killed him earlier this year. My guess being because they can't use him again for the show.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Zod showed up once as a hallucination. But supposedly Superman killed him earlier this year. My guess being because they can't use him again for the show.
    Astra was Zod-like in that she was a former military general and tried to overthrow the Kryptonian government.

Indigo is also known as Brainiac 8.

BANNED

Well given that WB messed up Superman in the movies. Maybe moving the character back to TV would help restore a bit of the character's good will to the fans and remind us what really makes Superman a great character.

I wouldn't mind a show about Tyler Hoechlin's Superman, but I do wonder what room there is for it with Supergirl still on the air and having taken and used quite a few Superman villains and elements of the mythos already.

Alternatively it could probably make a good DC Universe show...
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    We know Tyler loves playing the character but that in and of itself doesn't mean anything. But the Arrow folks do tend to give the fans what they want and people want this. The real question is HOW will they do this? Do they really want Superman and Supergirl more or less competing with each other? I'll believe it when a more reliable source talks about it. I haven't seen this on any other site. So we'll see.
    Sometimes at their own expense (Cough)Olicity(Cough).
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If that Supergirl movie is happening WB might have decided to end the Supergirl show so as to not “confuse” people. Stuff like that is why Batman doesn’t show up.
    That didn't stop The Flashs show.
    Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Astra was Zod-like in that she was a former military general and tried to overthrow the Kryptonian government.
    She was also married to Non, who was also pretty Zod-like.

But Supergirl's first major fight with Astra pretty heavily referenced the Man of Steel fight with Zod.

Well, I can't say I'd be interested in this, but.....hey, if it happens, at least Clark's still around somewhere I guess.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't buy this "exclusive" from a site called "fandomwire". I'll wait for Variety or the Hollywood Reporter. Buuut, if this guess of theirs turns out to be true, I'll be fairly disappointed. I won't get into my thoughts on Cavill leaving, I feel I've harped on WB's inability to make good decisions enough already. I agree with the sentiment that if WB isn't going to use Superman on film for the foreseeable future, then getting a tv show would absolutely be the next best thing. And I wouldn't have really minded the CW, except they already established him as Reeve 2.0 and it's just terrible. "Golly Mr. White!" "Gee, Miss Grant!" The Christopher Reeve interpretation, while just fine in the 70's, needs to die. It needs to die immediately, and they HAVE to stop going back to that. There are other ways to do the Clark/Superman dichotomy without copying Reeve OR Cavill.

If it's going to be a show, put it on the streaming service...give people a really good reason to subscribe.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

A Superman portrayal that borrows from both Reeve and Cavill is fine by me, but only use what works nowdays. You can't have a bumbling, clumsy Clark Kent like Reeve anymore. Give us mild-mannered Clark who can also be competent at work and a great husband if married to Lois, and also a loving son to Ma Kent.

A confident and happier Superman, but who is also serious and badass and very heroic when he needs too.

If they want to make a Superman show, I don't hate the idea, but they need to plan it well. We need and deserve quality. Unfortunately, Tyler is already damaged in my mind thanks to the Supergirl writers, so that's a big issue for me. I don't find him great or inspirational like I like my Superman. I just can't ignore what that show did to his mystique.
    Last edited by stargazer01; 10-18-2018 at 11:42 AM.

BANNED