Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: September Sales

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If you thought #1 was boring, why would #2 d better? Other people that found it boring and disappointing will tune out and #2 will drop
    Diamond sales for #2 were made long before anyone read issue #1. Whether it was boring or amazing will have no impact on Diamond's second issue sales numbers. The drop in #2 will be huge without major Marvel trickery but not because of boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    The reason that the first vol TPB sold well was because of the interesting gay stories that weren't told before in comics.

Ish #1 doesn't have any new storyline, it was the same old Morlocks story.

Ish #2 has an interesting gay story that I've never heard of and it revolves around Emma's family so Emma and gay fans would buy ish #2.
    The shops put in their orders months before the book printed. The only venue where word of mouth/quality of story is going to help sales will be in digital.

Double shipping lowers sales of single issues but net sales are more. So nope that's not true. Additionally blue and Gold have three times.more issues then red

Also red has had a **** load of variants

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    The reason that the first vol TPB sold well was because of the interesting gay stories that weren't told before in comics.

Ish #1 doesn't have any new storyline, it was the same old Morlocks story.

Ish #2 has an interesting gay story that I've never heard of and it revolves around Emma's family so Emma and gay fans would buy ish #2.
    It makes me wonder whether the Emma/Christian story should have been the Issue #1 story after all. I mean, might as well have started with something that was going to be the most sureshot hit with target readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes it is. 36 was the final issue and both Blue and Gold got a bump in sales for that yet it was still lower than Red. Even if you were to compare Red to them last year, both books double shipped. At month 8, they were on #16 and Gold did ~39k and Blue, 36k respectively, making the trend comparable
    Not a surprise. Blue is about the O5, but with the adult Jean back one of the two biggest draws of the O5 is less relevant, and the other (Scott) was never used in a positive manner, negating the second.

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Standard Marvel tactics. They are overshipping the hell out of this book. My store ordered 10 copies. We got 25. 20 still sitting on the shelves.
    How the heck do you guys stay afloat?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How the heck do you guys stay afloat?
    spoilers:
    DC
    end of spoilers

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Terrible numbers for the X-Men team books. They were beaten by Justice League, Fantastic Four, Avengers, and Justice League Dark.
    True. And I found most of them boring, guess lots of people felt the same way. Hope we'll get more intriguing stories in coming months(looking at you, uncanny!)
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."