Mighty Member

Default reading Thor and Iron Man

Hi all,

I'm currently reading Thor and Iron Man stories starting with the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby/Don Heck issues and am really enjoying the ride so far with these characters. With Tony Stark/Iron Man my favorite of the early issues I think is Tales of Suspense issue 56 where Tony quits being Iron Man then later has to save Happy and Pepper from that villain, can't remember the name. I enjoyed getting an early look at Tony's flaws and look forward to future developments. I'm curious aside from the Demon in a Bottle story line, is his alcoholism referenced after that, does he still struggle with it after that or is just dropped altogether? Thor is a very interesting character in his own right and am enjoying his early adventures. The Asgardian characters, Odin, Balder, Loki, etc. are just as interesting and I think that's what makes Thor a great read as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently reading Thor and Iron Man stories starting with the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby/Don Heck issues and am really enjoying the ride so far with these characters. With Tony Stark/Iron Man my favorite of the early issues I think is Tales of Suspense issue 56 where Tony quits being Iron Man then later has to save Happy and Pepper from that villain, can't remember the name.
    Unicorn?

Tony's alcoholism is a permanent part of the character that comes up again very often, but it in a major way in the 80's and in the past decade.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Unicorn?

Yes Unicorn, that's the villain. Thanks. It's also interesting seeing how different Ton'ys armor was in the very beginning with the boiler armor. I'm glad that it got updated with the familiar red and yellow that we see today. And I'm curious aside from Thor, who is everyone's favorite Asgardian? As mentioned I think they're all great but I have a soft spot for Odin and Heimdell.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Tony's alcoholism is a permanent part of the character that comes up again very often, but it in a major way in the 80's and in the past decade.
    Very well put. Tony's addiction always comes up. Every writer that gets a chance to write him touches on it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-28-2018 at 12:56 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently reading Thor and Iron Man stories starting with the Stan Lee/Jack Kirby/Don Heck issues and am really enjoying the ride so far with these characters. With Tony Stark/Iron Man my favorite of the early issues I think is Tales of Suspense issue 56 where Tony quits being Iron Man then later has to save Happy and Pepper from that villain, can't remember the name. I enjoyed getting an early look at Tony's flaws and look forward to future developments. I'm curious aside from the Demon in a Bottle story line, is his alcoholism referenced after that, does he still struggle with it after that or is just dropped altogether? Thor is a very interesting character in his own right and am enjoying his early adventures. The Asgardian characters, Odin, Balder, Loki, etc. are just as interesting and I think that's what makes Thor a great read as well.
    Really glad to hear you're enjoying Iron Man. Give a shout if you want more stories recommended to you. They are all kinds of amazing Iron Man stories. Especially if this is you first chance at them. Welcome to the World of Iron Man.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark