Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Secret wars(2015)

Most i can see is "dislike/hate" on secret wars 2015.But why?

Extraordinary Member

I don't know about hate.

I for one really loved Hickman's Secret Wars. It is my favorite event of the past decade. We had so much lead up to it that allowed other books to work seamlessly into it and it was just an emotional work for me.

Yes, we knew it wasn't the true end for Marvel, but the ending of the first issue tore me up. We knew things would be OK, but we didn't know how. At the time, there was also a lot of talk about the end of the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises, so many of us were questioning if this was how Disney would do it.

Now, while it did have some far reaching consequences that writers are still taking advantage of, those consequences still weren't big enough for many fans. It also we t on for a really long time.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

At the time they were issues were coming out the discussion threads about Secret Wars and the lead up issues of Hickman's New Avengers were the most discussed on the board. Secret Wars was the number one comic for almost every issue. I rank it higher than Civil War I, which I think is still Marvel's best selling event
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 10-18-2018 at 11:11 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Here? From who?

I remember when Time Runs Out and Secret Wars were going on there were a lot of discussion and prediction threads.

Niffleheim

I haven't seen any hate or dislike on this forum - there is even threads discussing the event. Maybe what ppl hated was what it ushered in All New All Different Marvel - that's the only hate i remember connected to Secret Wars.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-19-2018 at 10:31 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think the only "hate" thread was one where people were saying Doom brainwashed 616 Susan into being his wife and it was a big argument trying to tell people she wasn't 616 Susan.

Niffleheim

..... and hate for Cyclop's death.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    ..... and hate for Cyclop's death.
    That was a bad one. Probably my only complaint.

That Punisher moment made up for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    I haven't seen any hate or dislike on this forum - there is even whole threads discussing the event. Maybe what ppl hated was it ushered in All New All Different Marvel - that's only hate i remember connected to Secret Wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I think the only "hate" thread was one where people were saying Doom brainwashed 616 Susan into being his wife and it was a big argument trying to tell people she wasn't 616 Susan.
    I joined recently here.All these dislike i saw was on the internet.So,i guess i was wrong.Can you direct me to the secret wars thread?
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 10-18-2018 at 11:22 AM.

Mighty Member

Where ? Like every stories, they were people who disliked it, but It was one of the most loved event in this board
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member

I joined recently here.All these dislike i saw was on the internet.So,i guess i was wrong.Can you direct me to the secret wars thread?
    The appreciation threads for it are probably sort of dead. If you have any questions or just want to talk about it, you can make new threads.

Do you have some questions about it? While I loved it, it was pretty confusing and required a lot of reading to fully appreciate.

Absolutely love everything about it. No idea why you would find so much negativity surrounding it.

I loved it. From Avengers and New Avengers 1 all the way through Secret Wars. It was awesome.

BANNED

Tbh i recently saw another fan criticizing about Original Sin arc where all the avengers were time traveling and i was laughing . I totally agree that those concepts and ideas were complicated but they were way better than X-Men time-travelling arcs and those arc are joke imo

BANNED

The only thing i found out to be uncanny for me that was the ending of the Avengers Times Runs Out or before the beginning of Secret Wars , which was little rushed imo .
    For me Hickman is the best of Marvel Writer of this decade .
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-18-2018 at 11:53 AM.