Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It is actually one of the most we received event comics that I can remember.

People actually wanted to read the next issue rather than dreading what was coming.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I joined recently here.All these dislike i saw was on the internet.So,i guess i was wrong.Can you direct me to the secret wars thread?

Here are some spoiler threads

Secret Wars #1

Secret Wars General Discussion

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Thank you very much.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Thank you very much.
    you're welcome

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Tbh i recently saw another fan criticizing about Original Sin arc where all the avengers were time traveling and i was laughing . I totally agree that those concepts and ideas were complicated but they were way better than X-Men time-travelling arcs and those arc are joke imo
    X-Men time travel shenanigans have been a stain on Marvel for decades now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    X-Men time travel shenanigans have been a stain on Marvel for decades now.
    That stain remain consistent even now

BANNED

I thought every Hickman Avengers's arc to be much enticing for me , not much for SW main event though since i am not much fan of FF but i liked Doom since he was totally badass during SW

iMan 42s

I don't think there is a genuine hate for it.
    At the time I remember it being more an annoyance that comic runs across the board stopped to make way for the event given its premise. There was also a little fear from the X-men people that it would get rid of that franchise to reboot the universe but no, that will of course not happen, and it didn't. There was also some irritation ANAD started before this was over because it ran late, but the book was pretty good.

And that being said, it was reviewed well. I don't know who hates this or if we can even grade it poorly at all. There isn't a structural problem to the book and it's written very well. The art by Ribic is fantastic as well. I'd even recommend Secret Wars 2015 to even study Ribic's art and the way Hickman paces everything. The book is one of those times when it was genuinely good and you could pretty much read it on its own.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I hated it...Too much going on that got convoluted.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

It’s probably my favourite ever event and certainly the most well received event Marvel have put out whilst I’ve been reading. I can imagine the people suffering with event fatigue disliked it as it took over EVERYTHING but you can’t please everybody.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    It’s probably my favourite ever event and certainly the most well received event Marvel have put out whilst I’ve been reading. I can imagine the people suffering with event fatigue disliked it as it took over EVERYTHING but you can’t please everybody.
    U mean the whole event right ? c'ause i was hearing some criticism about Hickman adding other events which were very cool but not much related to the culmination of SW .

I really enjoyed a lot of Avengers Issues but i felt that ending of the Runs Out was rushed considering Hickman used Living Tribunal as a jobber when Beyonders killed him .

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    U mean the whole event right ? c'ause i was hearing some criticism about Hickman adding other events which were very cool but not much related to the culmination of SW .

I really enjoyed a lot of Avengers Issues but i felt that ending of the Runs Out was rushed considering Hickman used Living Tribunal as a jobber when Beyonders killed him .
    You have to consider just how much work Hickman was putting in towards the end of his Avengers run. He was writing multiple books, consulting on others, and trying to bring home one of the most ambitious runs in modern Marvel. You say you are not an Fantastic Four fan, but the New Avengers run leads directly out of Hickman’s FF run and he incorporates many of those ideas in Secret Wars.

Now I realize how lucky I am I was always a fan of comic book culture, but only started reading the actual comics several years ago. The first one was Hickmans' New Avengers #6 when the Illuminati went to Latveria during the incursions. I was just hooked after that.
    Hickman's run put the bar so high, I can't just pickup and read anything after that.

Secret Wars was so epic. Hickman had me on the edge of my seat throughout. The stakes were so high, the scale so grand I took breaks reading issues because it was a lot to digest. Esad Ribics' artwork was incredible and fully encapsulated Hickmans' vision.

Well the Infinity War movie took heavily from Hickmans' work, so that should tell you how influential it is, and that movie seemed to do ok.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, Infinity War reminded me of the end of that first issue of Secret Wars, which was great! I felt that same sense of hopeless and sad glee. I was grinning like an idiot.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

The ONE SINGLE COMPLAINT I have about Secret Wars is that the continuity near the end of 616 is confusing. Did Black Widow really give up her cat in Last Days? Did Infinity actually happen? Who knows?
    Secret Wars is my favorite event. Period. My second favorite, Second Coming (Hey, second & second. Neat.) doesn't even come close.
    Okay, if Black Widow really DID give up her cat, I guess I have two complaints, but hey. You can't win them all.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"