Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Wow Thanks dude!!
    No problem, glad to help. What do you think of what you're hearing?
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    No problem, glad to help. What do you think of what you're hearing?

It sounds really great. I think I'm going to wait for the trade to come out. Even though I've always been a Marvel guy growing up, I find the DC Multiverse to be a bit better than Marvels. I like how there is a certain number of earths and each one has a series or mini or some kind of story that is revisited every once in a while. When it comes to Marvel there are an infinite number of earths, and although it leaves a lot of room for creativity, I find that a lot of earths are created and forgotten about.

Thanks to Clairaudient Freedom Soldier and a lot of eyestrain, here's the first full transcript on the internet that I know of

SOURCE WALL: Here is the limit even to Thought. Beyond lies only Monitor-mind, The Source and the Unknowable.

MONITOR SPHERE: Dwelling place of the mighty Monitor race - once countless in number, the 52 Monitors that remained after the CRISIS event were each tasked with the preservation and study of a separate universe.

LIMBO: Home of the Lost and Forgotten of the Orrery. Limbo is the furthest edge of the manifest DC Universe. This is where matter and memory break down.

SPHERE OF THE GODS: From the heights of the Skyland Pantheons to the prison depths of the Underworld, this is the great realm of Archetypal Powers and Intelligences inhabited by Gods and New Gods, Demons, Angels and the Endless.

DREAM: On the borderlands of the magical realm of Morpheus the Dream-King, incorporating the Halls of the Endless, the Courts of Faerie and the Twelve Houses of Gemworld. Home to Oberon, Titania, Amethyst, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

HEAVEN: The Silver City. The Word of the Voice. Home of the Spectre, Zauriel, and the Guardian Angel Hosts of the Pax Dei - The Bull Host, The Eagle Host, The Lion Host and The Host of Adam.

NEW GENESIS: Sunlit lordly New Genesis is the proud home of the New Gods and the young Forever People. The floating city of Supertown is the dwelling place of Highfather, Orion, Lightray, Avia, Big Barda, Scott Free and others.

SKYLAND: Home of the Shining Ones, the Old Gods of Thunder and Lightning, Love and War and Death. Here is Asgard, Olympus and the Throne of Zeus. The Pantheons of Celts, Mayans, the Divine Bureaucracies of China, and the Gods of Oceania, Mesopotamia and Egypt, the Loa and the Elohim are all gathered here, each with a peak of its own.

NIGHTMARE: The creepy-crawly Shadow Side of Morpheus' domain. Here is the Goblin Market where everything is real. The Land of Nightshades. Home to the Boogeyman and the Corinthian, Haunt of Witches, Yeth Hounds and Bad Dreams.

HELL: Known to some as Sheol, or Jigoku, the burning iron Place of Torment is home to Neron, Belial, Trigon, Azazel, Abnegazar, Rath, Ghast and the Demon Etrigan - high on a list of a legion of fiends. Here are the Djinns and the Fallen Angels, and the Haters of Humanity, waiting...

APOKOLIPS: The fiery planetasum, ruled with the iron fist of the ultimate tyrant, Darkseid of the New Gods, and his cruel acolytes - Desaad the Torture God, Granny Goodness, Glorious Godfrey, Kalibak and many, many others.

UNDERWORLD: Here is Hades, Annwn, the realm of Pluto and the Throne of Ereshkigal, the Land of No Return. Known also as the Phantom Zone, this gloomy prison of shades and formless shadows plays host to the criminals of the planet Krypton - General Zod, Ursa the She-Devil, Xadu (presumably that was a typo, supposed to be Xa-Du) the Phantom King and many others.

WONDERWORLD: Orbiting Creation itself at unimaginable velocities, Wonderworld is the "Worldquarters" of the long-lost Theocracy, a team of stupendous primal superheroes.

SPEED FORCE WALL: The Speed Force Wall is otherwise known to the denizens of the Orrery as the Speed of Light. It is only a limit to matter.

THE FREQUENCIES OF QWYZZ: Radio universe, home to KRAKKL the Defender.

ORRERY OF WORLDS: 52 'brane universes vibrating in the same space, all at different frequencies, within the all-enclosing Bulk, otherwise known as Bleed-space. Four Bleed Siphons have been drilled in from Monitor Sphere to the Orrery, to permit the harvest of the miracle Ultramenstruum fluid.

SHIFT SHIP CLASSIFICATION: Powered by caged baby universes, Shift Ships are Monitor nano-tech probes designed to facilitate the investigation, maintenance and control of the Multiversal Orrery of Worlds - microscopic in scale within the Monitor Sphere, they appear immense inside the Orrery.

(Note: scale used on the side for Destroyers, Carriers and Tankers is miles, scale for Hunters and Explorers is feet. Explorer noted as not being shown to scale)

DESTROYERS: The most feared of all Monitor vessels - these massive hell-machines are capable of sterilizing entire universes with self-evolving Reality-Blitzing missiles, Armageddon Activators and Contagion Troops. Used by Monitors to disinfect fatally contaminated continua.

CARRIER: Carriers are large, fast, multipurpose vehicles, used by Monitors to convey communications, materials and equipment between the Worlds of the Orrery.

TANKER: Huge Tankers are sent out to collect precious Bleed and other materials from the Orrery and return it to the Monitor Sphere. A string of "seed gravitational singularities" anchors solids, liquids and gasses behind them, resembling small planets or suns.

HUNTER: Heavily armed, rapid stealth killers, used to protect Tankers from mega-fauna indigenous to Orrery BleedSpace and to contain and destroy local outbreaks of contamination.

EXPLORER: Swift scientific probes designed to recover data. What they lack in offensive capabilities, explorers make up for with state-of-the-art empathic navigation, self-aware chameleon camouflage and faster-than-thought engines.

GRANT MORRISON: Text and concept.
    RIAN HUGES: Design, illustration and additional promotional details.
    With grateful acknowledgement of the work of many artists, writers, colorists, letterers, editors and others who have contributed to the rich tapestry of the DC Comics Multiverse.
    Last edited by Dispenser Of Truth; 07-29-2014 at 02:20 PM.
    Buh-bye

Last update, just realized the scale is obviously "feet". So now the really, really complete and final list at last above.
    Buh-bye

Thanks to Clairaudient Freedom Soldier and a lot of eyestrain, here's the first full transcript on the internet that I know of.
    Those photos by Clairaudient Freedom Soldier sure helped. Seems we had most of it right with a few minor mistakes here and there and without those images the Orrery of Worlds was practically impossible to decipher.

(Note: scale used on the side for Destroyers, Carriers and Tankers is miles, scale for Hunters and Explorers is feet. Explorer noted as not being shown to scale)
    I'm pretty sure it is not the Explorer that is noted as not being to scale, but rather the fact that the Shift Ships have different scales and as such are not comparably to scale with each other. Otherwise what would be the point in having scales for each ship?

DESROYERS: The most feared of all Monitor vessels - these massive hell-machines are capable of sterilizing entire universes with self-evolving Reality-Blitzkrieg missiles, Armageddon Activators and Contagion Troops. Used by Monitors to disinfect fatally contaminated continua.
    A couple of small corrections. "Reality-Blitzkrieg" should be "Reality-Blitzing" and you have a small spelling error as "DESROYERS" should be "DESTROYERS".

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    A couple of small corrections. "Reality-Blitzkrieg" should be "Reality-Blitzing" and you have a small spelling error as "DESROYERS" should be "DESTROYERS".
    Thanks, edited.
    Buh-bye

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twincast View Post
    Honestly, I don't care whether YJ isn't a part of the comics' pauciverse, but while I can see the first option of fudging things around as somewhat viable (albeit not really appreciated), the "let's play dress-up as cartoon characters" thing sounds incredibly disrespectful—enough so that it sours my excitement for the long-gestating project in general and the long overdue guidebook in particular.
    Quote Originally Posted by nygma619 View Post
    THIS TIMES A MILLION. The idea that Earth 16's adventures never really happened and were just kids pretending to be "cartoon characters" leaves my blood boiling.
    It's not like YJ has to have an Earth, I guess the Bruce Timm DCAU gets one but it's not like Superfriends is getting one either
    I was a big fan of YJ but if he wants to play around with the idea like it's a Sims world I won't take it as disrespecting YJ itself. He's doing something different. At this point a lot of their other properties are not getting Earths so it's nothing less than anybody else is getting.

Clearly no all of YJ can fit within his Sims idea, so it's more of a parody than an adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Fine View Post
    My greatest fear is that they do another Crisis that destroys or rewrites the Multiverse yet again invalidating the work...I hope not even DC is that short sighted.
    It seems these 52 worlds are filling up fast the way the old ones did so I dunno, I might not be too upset if they have to rewrite some to include more or better ones. Really I think they should just add in the Infinite Earths again. Like is Earth 16 the home of the Super Sons, YJ or The Just? I guess now it's The Just but that does limit you in the future especially if he's filling up worlds with his own creations and not existing properties. It's his to play with and it looks like a good time but people may want even more after he's done.
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 07-29-2014 at 11:12 PM.