Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    Where does it say that our world is Earth 33? I've looked on the map and it does not seem to say that.
    Morrison said it, in the interview.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Morrison said it, in the interview.
    Oh. I find it singularly disturbing that they decided to place our real world on Earth 33 of all places. We seem to be far lower down on the totem pole than even the Crime Syndicate universe. What is more disturbing is that we are on the chaos side of the multiverse! Jeez...As if the Presence didn't care for our little universe.

Amazing Member

Since the Nu52 my DC purchases have been slim but I am SO looking forward to this!

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    The multiverse should be Unlimited- and I hope Grant allows that in his cosmology or else he'd be foolish.
    I know he prefers the infinite multiverse--he and Waid came up with Hypertime back in the day to try and restore it--but he's dealing with the 52 setup, and trying to make it work by presenting it as a mythical kingdom with borders and laws and stories that still allow big crazy stuff. I'm sure he'd have no problems with restoring the infinite universes whatsoever, and there's really nothing in his map that contradicts that if you switch out the 52 Earths with an infinite number.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

I hate to say it, but it's cool for now, but eventually (sooner rather than later) 52 worlds will not be enough for a comic book universe. The 7 worlds will be filled and someone will want to do something new. The multiverse should be Unlimited- and I hope Grant allows that in his cosmology or else he'd be foolish. Maybe that this orrey of 52 parallel universes are closely connected but that if you travel deeper into the bleed it is possible to get to other parallels- but the connections are more tenuous (and harder to return to and from)... something to that effect. 52 universes is a BIG playground, but like I said, a ton of creators, doing a ton of things- someone's going to come up with an idea that won't fit into one of the parallels.

Or want to create a whole new earth, and they should, they should. It's comics. Big crazy ideas.
    Hey, I won't argue with that....makes perfect sense to me.

This will be glorious.

I look forward to reading the book, and reading the in-depth analysis here.

This is gonna be great I hope Multiversity gets DC back into Elseworlds.

Beyond the source wall is maybe just more multiverses.

All-New Member

I hate to say it, but it's cool for now, but eventually (sooner rather than later) 52 worlds will not be enough for a comic book universe. The 7 worlds will be filled and someone will want to do something new. The multiverse should be Unlimited- and I hope Grant allows that in his cosmology or else he'd be foolish. Maybe that this orrey of 52 parallel universes are closely connected but that if you travel deeper into the bleed it is possible to get to other parallels- but the connections are more tenuous (and harder to return to and from)... something to that effect. 52 universes is a BIG playground, but like I said, a ton of creators, doing a ton of things- someone's going to come up with an idea that won't fit into one of the parallels.

Or want to create a whole new earth, and they should, they should. It's comics. Big crazy ideas.
    I love the idea that 52 Earths are within "hopping" distance, but that you can go further if you're willing to take the risk. I think that encapsulates both an infinite multiverse as well as explains DC's focus on 52 worlds.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    His dialogue, the map and the handbook do seem to mention a CRISIS of some kind happened. I wonder if Flashpoint condensed all three Crises into one CRISIS. Or maybe because we're all Multiversal we're dealing with Monitor-Memory here ... he did say all history makes sense. God damn I'm hyped to red this.
    The map is the image that has been appearing on the web all day, but where can one read this dialogue and handbook?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The map is the image that has been appearing on the web all day, but where can one read this dialogue and handbook?

The handbook is the whole thing that the map will be a part of, apparently released after Thunderworld! and before Mastermen. There are two images, one high-quality one of just the parallel Earths, one currently low-res one of the whole map including the various deities and cosmological forces, and on the later as well as during discussion at the panel, then Crisis is mentioned.
    Buh-bye

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The handbook is the whole thing that the map will be a part of, apparently released after Thunderworld! and before Mastermen. There are two images, one high-quality one of just the parallel Earths, one currently low-res one of the whole map including the various deities and cosmological forces, and on the later as well as during discussion at the panel, then Crisis is mentioned.
    I see, thank you. Any additional info on the Crisis and how it ties in to all this?

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmurphy1968 View Post
    Since the Nu52 my DC purchases have been slim but I am SO looking forward to this!
    My Nu52 purchases dwindled to zero but this looks good. I wonder if some Earths will be for the animated comics, or Smallville or Batman 66?
    That could be fun although Smallville has it's own Earth 2 and JLU could sort of be tied to the GL animated series which had it's own multiverse with Steam Lantern so maybe not.

I just like seeing some form of pre-Nu52 styled Superboy. He's got John's T-shirt but their using the post-Death of Superman "Don't call me Superboy" line
    superboy-multiverse.jpg

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I'm not sure he was thinking along the lines of animated shows or TV show at all since he made the mistake of setting "The Just" on Earth-16. Earth-16 was the YJ world, but it seems like he's devised a small way to fix that/fit things in. I VERY much doubt that he went in with Ben Oliver and changed things to any real effect, but there'll likely be a line or two with Easter eggs for fans to make of it what they like.

From what he said it looks like YJ was a cartoon on that world and some characters played them. Maybe the show got canceled there two hahaha

Mr. Morrison... you had me at DOC FATE

God I hope there's a Kent Nelson behind that helm
    I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com