Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    "Well, that sounds hard, but not impossible, the ghola thing."

"Yeap! You can deal with those challenges! also there is a teensy chance he may develop superpowers and kill you."

"... what was that last part?"

"You can deal with those challenges!"

"No. No. The other part. The part after that. The part that sounded like I'm going to get murdered by rebellious super clones."

"You heard that part? That was the quiet part! Um. I mean... you'll be fine! Listen, I'll throw in this self defense from ghola mishap package for free to put your mind at ease."

".... is your self defense package a sword?"

"Ye- I mean.. maybe?"

"...… it's Stormbringer again, isn't it."

"I swear to you it totally isn't."

"...… really?"

"By the multiverse itself!"

"Well I suppose.. wait, is it Mournblade instead? The sword's identical twin?"

"Nnnoooooo…? Crap. Amnesia dust!"

"Stop stabbing my soul with evil swords damnit!"
    I imagine almost all scenarios with Pendaran now, are just him attempting to avoid being shackled to Stormbringer.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

#3 seems like the best way to help mankind. If I can document that knowledge and spread it about, I can see a lot of medical advances occurring across the world.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I would recreate Tolkien. Then force him to watch the Peter Jackson movies.

...with Sharpandpointies. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    You could do that. Here's what's required:

First, you need a highly advanced laboratory. That means you'll probably also need a small fortune to buy the lab. And the lab will need to be secret because Theilaxu science, well, let's just say it balls nasty.

Second, you'd need to get ahold of Tolkien's DNA. Probably by exhuming him, unless you can be sure those cell samples in his old house are really his.

Third, after growing him as a living ghola (a clone from a corpse, and no, you mustn't ask how it's done...), you've now got a baby Tolkien to raise.

Ultimately, when the Tolkien ghola is old enough to withstand the psychic trauma of regaining all the memories of his past life, you get the J.R.R. Tolkien back. I'm guessing you'll want to wait until he's around eighteen years old, although gholas have been awakened at a younger age, Miles Teg at around eleven, IIRC. No, you can't ask exactly how that was done. As a Tleilaxu Master you'll know anyway.
    You also need to get me into the room to watch anything but the first movie (which I enjoyed, despite its issues). Granted, I'd consider it to chat with Tolkien about Lord of the Rings, but it's still a sticky point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I imagine almost all scenarios with Pendaran now, are just him attempting to avoid being shackled to Stormbringer.
    I can go with that. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    #3 seems like the best way to help mankind. If I can document that knowledge and spread it about, I can see a lot of medical advances occurring across the world.
    :Shakes Head.;

The people picking the Bio science option, well here is a hint.

You do not just randomly generate new stem cell style tissue to grow your child/spare organs. There is a *damn* good reason the Tielaxu are hated by people in Dune. Leave that at best.