Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default X-Men Red #9 (Preview)

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-x-men-red-9/
    (W) Tom Taylor
    (A) Roge Antonio
    (C) Jenny Frison

Following the shocking events of X-MEN RED #8, it’s time for Jean to finally confront her demon head-on. Jean Grey and Cassandra Nova… The showdown begins here!

was the "shocking event" that Rachel was able to knock Santo out with a table?

BANNED

Hahahaha that was classic.

Shut up, Kitty. No one wants your help.
    Rachel's getting possessed almost as much as Polaris. At least Cassandra Nova is a true telepathic threat, one worthy of possessing a former Phoenix host and omega level telepath. *looking at you, Mesmero*
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Why is Nightcrawler shocked that Jean knew he dated Rachel? All three were at Kitty's failed wedding and Kurt and Rachel didnt break up until after that. Besides its not like their relationship was a big secret. Kurt was the one that brought Jean to Rachel upon her return and they spent hours together

Gabby is such a Harley Quinn .

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why is Nightcrawler shocked that Jean knew he dated Rachel? All three were at Kitty's failed wedding and Kurt and Rachel didnt break up until after that. Besides its not like their relationship was a big secret. Kurt was the one that brought Jean to Rachel upon her return and they spent hours together
    Continuity? What's that? Is it a perfume?

BANNED

Gabby effect.They all forgot jean is an omega level telepath.

BANNED

There's no continuity when different writers write different series of X-Men at the same time.

Don't you know by now? This isn't the first time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...w-x-men-red-9/
    (W) Tom Taylor
    (A) Roge Antonio
    (C) Jenny Frison
    Following the shocking events of X-MEN RED #8, it’s time for Jean to finally confront her demon head-on. Jean Grey and Cassandra Nova… The showdown begins here!
    I like this team
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

This was enjoyable enough but I was hoping it would do a better job of leading up to the big final fight.

I loved spoilers:
    Rachel punching Cassandra, loved that moment between Jean and Ororo, and felt like Jean rescuing Rachel like this might be a first step towards 'fixing' the relationship between these two (not that there are issues between them, but more like issues with how the relationship has been written, I'm thinking about Jean telling Rachel she's not her mother).
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Trinary and the others finding videos and online content that makes mutants look good so they can share that stuff kind of bugged me. I mean how is it different from the tactics used by the bad guys if they're artificially boosting this type of content? I don't know if that part was meant to be a way of fighting back against the anti-mutant sentiment, or if it was just meant to keep some of the characters busy so Cassandra couldn't read their mind and see what Jean was doing so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
    end of spoilers

Spoilers below

I enjoyed this though I do think it could have had more fun with the fight scenes. I think we will get more soon though. Jean tried talking her down (a good heroic first step) but Cassandra disintegrated her(well, her projection).

I imagine next time jean won’t try so much talking.

Also, while this entire series could be trimmed down by several books, I do find the idea or larger arcs to be more enjoyable. I feel it has given some breathing room for enjoyment, whereas 3 issue arcs often feel rushed to me. Maybe something like 6 or 7 issues could be a sweeet spot.
    Last edited by Grey; 10-25-2018 at 06:11 AM.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?