Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Who's up for a Cyclops / Polaris relationship?

With polaris at the forefront of the gifted title and Scott Summers free of any relationship because death due us part, until he returns, it got me wondering how complex and relationship between these two would be?
    How have these two related to each other in the past ?
    How would a romantic relationship between those tow would play out?

Here we go....

Why do people keep making these shipping threads knowing damn well how it's gonna turn out, especially when Cyclops is involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-Rebirth View Post
    Why do people keep making these shipping threads knowing damn well how it's gonna turn out, especially when Cyclops is involved?
    It's pretty much a copy and paste of the Jean/Havok thread from a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    It's pretty much a copy and paste of the Jean/Havok thread from a few days ago.
    Which undermines the whole idea.

If this thread was made in isolation it could be an interesting discussion. But it’s strange and kind of telling that a thread about a jean relationship (not even romantic necessarily) spurs some sort of mirror image cyclops thread.

I feel some cyclops fans need to not automatically invoke cyclops when they see a jean relationship discussion, and jean fans in turn should not do the same when a cyke relationship discussion starts. Creating these parallel Threads ironically makes it all about a jean x cyclops discussion in a way.

On topic, I don’t know much about cyclops and Polaris history but I don’t see much there. Would I be interested in reading it? Sure. I always like new relationships being formed (even if not romantic ones).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-Rebirth View Post
    Because the Emma fans are angry at the Jean fans
    The Jean fans are angry at the Scott fans
    The Scott fans are angry at everyone
    And everyone is angry at the Storm fans

By all means the Laura Kinney fans are lovely.

Come on, wano. Don't do this.

Cyclops is an X-hoe, first he has to come back from the dead.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

What is upside of this? Havok and Cyclops drama isn't particular new. Lorna doesn't seem like the type to clash with Jean. Jean has been dead some many times I can't think she particular cares that much if Cyclops moves on. Havok hasn't been with Polaris forever so no real attachment anymore.There is a Emma,Lorna and Scott triangle possibility but that isn't really appealing I mean putting character who has been a mental wreck in scenario with Telepath who is known for messing with people doesn't seem much fun to read.

The only way this relationship would be interesting If Cyclops and Polaris had a baby and Magneto takes interest in his grandchild which has been done before but since retcons happen doesn't exist anymore. Cyclop and Magneto have to interact as family is interesting.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm down for cyclops and Polaris. that leaves jean for Logan. everyone is happy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

In order of your questions,
    Not me, not me, not me, sometimes me, and... we can get SERIOUSLY pissy about Laura and Hellion, but other than that, we're pretty chill (Personally, I hate HeliX)
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    In order of your questions,
    Not me, not me, not me, sometimes me, and... we can get SERIOUSLY pissy about Laura and Hellion, but other than that, we're pretty chill (Personally, I hate HeliX)
    Thank you. I don't like HeliX either and never understood why X-23 fans settled with him. I mean... dude, this was the same douche that kicked a homeless Surge, clearly seeking for help, back to the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I'm 100% down for tying the Grey-Summers and the Maximoff-Pyms together, just because it would be HILARIOUS, but don't use Scott to do it.
    But just think of how triggered everybody will be? THE CLICKBAIT HEADLINES EVERY WOULD-BE JOURNALIST WOULD WRITE!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Actually, I love Emma's fans.

And, by the way, I don't think Scott/Lorna is a good couple.
    But...

Emma
    Frenzy
    Maria Hill
    Gamora

These strong women are perfect for him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Actually, I love Emma's fans.

And, by the way, I don't think Scott/Lorna is a good couple.
    But...

Emma
    Frenzy
    Maria Hill
    Gamora

These strong women are perfect for him.
    BrandClops will always be my favorite oddship. Funnily enough, I actually thought Brand was Lorna going by a secret identity when Whedon first introduced her xD
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Thank you. It's the nicest thing I've heard all day.

Cyclops is beneath Polaris, she's a quality woman whom he will never measure up to.

Given his track record, his wandering eye. He should stick to 'dating' professional girlfriends.