Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Unless Marvel stops screwing around and actually uses Lorna, rectifying decades of neglect, pairing her off with anyone at this juncture is a mistake. Marvel needs to realize she's an actual character worth exploring in her own right. That's an essential ingredient for any relationship she might end up in not sucking.

After 2 years in limbo, and the past year of not really being used (Blue mainly used her as Havok's ex and Magneto's daughter, not as herself), she first needs several issues where she has a meaningful role and isn't in a relationship. A foundational understanding of her character needs to be laid before an SO comes into play. From there, I'd say the writer would have to be very careful not to repeat the same mistakes as how her dynamic with Havok became so toxic. And as I've said already, it shouldn't be Havok. A loooot of time needs to be spent on using Lorna without him anywhere near her before another go at a relationship between them might be in any way a good idea.
    I think there's a significant portion of both Marvel creative and the fandom who prioritize one character over the other in a relationship - when it's so simple that it doesn't have to be that way. The best written relationships show readers how great two characters are together and how they tragedy that results when they are apart - not because they stop being great characters but because their best qualities are fostered in well-written relationships. I mean romantically in this context since it's usually the most popular type of relationship discussed, but honestly it applies to friendship and family as well. If Polaris has been misused because her relationship status has been of higher priority than her individual character, that is a shame and all the more reason not to put her in any relationship - let alone in one with Cyclops. I maintain that from my limited knowledge and the opinions of other posters here, a friendship between the two would be fun to explore, although I admit my Cyclops bias is influencing me. What can I say? I wish he had more friends.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He wasnt inverted in the 90s

She didnt know that as he lied to her. He was a double agent and to convince the Brotherhood of his loyalty, he was willing to kill Lorna instead of risking being exposed. Thank god Random was infatuated with her and stopped Havok before he could fatally wound her

Dani has nothing to do with this thread but you are deflecting as usual. Surprised you didnt go with your goto Magneto this time
    I brought up Dani as she was in a similar situation, and yet Alex gets blamed for his actions in such a scenario and Dani gets praised, so no deflecting anything...

And remember that Lorna had forgiven him for all of that years ago and both moved on from that...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 10-23-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I brought up Dani as she was in a similar situation, and yet Alex gets blamed for his actions in such a scenario and Dani gets praised, so no deflecting anything...

And remember that Lorna had forgiven him for all of that years ago and both moved on from that...
    It is deflecting bc you are bringing attention to Dani instead of focusing on the present topic which is Alex. You do this all the time when people talk about his transgressions; try to deflect the conversation/attention to another character. Im not discussing Dani here. You can try to spark up a discussion in her thread as she isnt even tangentially connected to the topic at hand

Lorna forgave him bc of her good nature and immediately after that he was presumed dead and she went crazy bc he wasnt around, which was highlighted above as another reason how that toxicity has negatively affected her
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2018 at 05:15 AM.

Honestly, I don't even accept most cases of how Lorna's been written with Havok as actually being Lorna. There are ways to write around it or justify it after the fact, but the reality is that whoever wrote it wasn't thinking about Lorna at all, they were thinking about Havok and how she can be misused to serve his interests. Havok needs drama, she gets mad at him. Havok needs her as a girlfriend, she immediately forgives him and can't live without him. Havok is inverted and needs to be redeemed, she suddenly cares very deeply about "saving" him and it becomes her primary purpose. Actually writing Lorna would involve showing Lorna has actual deeper personal reasons for doing things, but with Marvel they basically just fangush over Havok and call it a day.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

No. Just no.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It is deflecting bc you are bringing attention to Dani instead of focusing on the present topic which is Alex. You do this all the time when people talk about his transgressions; try to deflect the conversation/attention to another character. Im not discussing Dani here. You can try to spark up a discussion in her thread as she isnt even tangentially connected to the topic at hand

Lorna forgave him bc of her good nature and immediately after that he was presumed dead and she went crazy bc he wasnt around, which was highlighted above as another reason how that toxicity has negatively affected her
    And how was Lorna going crazy actually Alex's fault, that's more Marvel's fault for bad writing, nothing that Alex actually did to her and it's only deflecting if I try to deny that Alex did what he did, I was again only showing that he's being treated differently than other characters who have done similar things, and if Lorna can forgive Magneto for all of the murders that he's committed then there's nothing that Alex has done that she couldn't/wouldn't forgive him for...and again there doesn't seem to be any roadblocks between the two being together again someday, not that I expect that either is wanting to be together at the moment or in the near future...