Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
Unless Marvel stops screwing around and actually uses Lorna, rectifying decades of neglect, pairing her off with anyone at this juncture is a mistake. Marvel needs to realize she's an actual character worth exploring in her own right. That's an essential ingredient for any relationship she might end up in not sucking.

After 2 years in limbo, and the past year of not really being used (Blue mainly used her as Havok's ex and Magneto's daughter, not as herself), she first needs several issues where she has a meaningful role and isn't in a relationship. A foundational understanding of her character needs to be laid before an SO comes into play. From there, I'd say the writer would have to be very careful not to repeat the same mistakes as how her dynamic with Havok became so toxic. And as I've said already, it shouldn't be Havok. A loooot of time needs to be spent on using Lorna without him anywhere near her before another go at a relationship between them might be in any way a good idea.
I think there's a significant portion of both Marvel creative and the fandom who prioritize one character over the other in a relationship - when it's so simple that it doesn't have to be that way. The best written relationships show readers how great two characters are together and how they tragedy that results when they are apart - not because they stop being great characters but because their best qualities are fostered in well-written relationships. I mean romantically in this context since it's usually the most popular type of relationship discussed, but honestly it applies to friendship and family as well. If Polaris has been misused because her relationship status has been of higher priority than her individual character, that is a shame and all the more reason not to put her in any relationship - let alone in one with Cyclops. I maintain that from my limited knowledge and the opinions of other posters here, a friendship between the two would be fun to explore, although I admit my Cyclops bias is influencing me. What can I say? I wish he had more friends.