Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Who's up for a Cyclops / Polaris relationship?

With polaris at the forefront of the gifted title and Scott Summers free of any relationship because death due us part, until he returns, it got me wondering how complex and relationship between these two would be?
    How have these two related to each other in the past ?
    How would a romantic relationship between those tow would play out?

Here we go....

Why do people keep making these shipping threads knowing damn well how it's gonna turn out, especially when Cyclops is involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-Rebirth View Post
    Why do people keep making these shipping threads knowing damn well how it's gonna turn out, especially when Cyclops is involved?
    It's pretty much a copy and paste of the Jean/Havok thread from a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-Rebirth View Post
    Because the Emma fans are angry at the Jean fans
    The Jean fans are angry at the Scott fans
    The Scott fans are angry at everyone
    And everyone is angry at the Storm fans

By all means the Laura Kinney fans are lovely.

Come on, wano. Don't do this.

Cyclops is an X-hoe, first he has to come back from the dead.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

What is upside of this? Havok and Cyclops drama isn't particular new. Lorna doesn't seem like the type to clash with Jean. Jean has been dead some many times I can't think she particular cares that much if Cyclops moves on. Havok hasn't been with Polaris forever so no real attachment anymore.There is a Emma,Lorna and Scott triangle possibility but that isn't really appealing I mean putting character who has been a mental wreck in scenario with Telepath who is known for messing with people doesn't seem much fun to read.

The only way this relationship would be interesting If Cyclops and Polaris had a baby and Magneto takes interest in his grandchild which has been done before but since retcons happen doesn't exist anymore. Cyclop and Magneto have to interact as family is interesting.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm down for cyclops and Polaris. that leaves jean for Logan. everyone is happy.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Um no Killerbee there is still an attachment between Lorna and Alex as shown in Blue, yeah they didn't get back together and neither is pining for the other however I don't see that it would take much to get the pair back together, and Scott's ex girlfriends don't have a very good record of what happens after they split up with him as well, and last I checked didn't Lorna say that she didn't like Scott very much at all and Alex really didn't try to change her mind...but yeah I'm on the no side for this pairing...

I say no. Thematically it could work, but the time has long since passed.

BANNED

Why wano?Why??

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Um no Killerbee there is still an attachment between Lorna and Alex as shown in Blue, yeah they didn't get back together and neither is pining for the other however I don't see that it would take much to get the pair back together, and Scott's ex girlfriends don't have a very good record of what happens after they split up with him ..
    Funny both times ms. grey came back.I wonder what's the catch there.
    Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Funny both times ms. grey came back.I wonder what's the catch there.
    Food for thought.
    I can't tell if you're serious. So I guess Jean being dead for 6 years the first time and then 14 years the second time isn't a negative for her or her fans? Would you not mind if Cyclops was gone for just as long or longer?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    With polaris at the forefront of the gifted title and Scott Summers free of any relationship because death due us part, until he returns, it got me wondering how complex and relationship between these two would be?
    How have these two related to each other in the past ?
    How would a romantic relationship between those tow would play out?
    No. Please no. There are maybe 10 or more people I'd rather see Cyclops be in a relationship with. Probably in order:

Jean, Maria Hill, Emma, Tempus from the future, Psylocke, Medusa, Rogue, Storm, Wasp, Wolverine, aged X23, Dani Moonstar, Doop, Howard the Duck, etc...

I mean I'm sure Polaris is great but its weird since she dated Havoc for a while.