Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I can sort of see it working out if they're both presented more like rebellious antiheroes of a sort

But overall he is way more prominent of a character than her I feel like it would be too imbalanced

I want Polaris to just get more established as a character for a while on her own or with relationships with less prominent characters that won't overshadow her so much
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    I can sort of see it working out if they're both presented more like rebellious antiheroes of a sort

But overall he is way more prominent of a character than her I feel like it would be too imbalanced

I want Polaris to just get more established as a character for a while on her own or with relationships with less prominent characters that won't overshadow her so much
    I think it could give room to establish Polaris more

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

fml no... not another one
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    From what I recall, Polaris only likes Scott when Jean is around.
    That was Lorna being written in full on replacement Jean mode which happens when a writer doesn't have a real sense of Lorna as a character at all and really wants Jean, but editorial hands them Lorna. RAFOTSE didn’t well represent Lorna before nor after. That said the character is already pigeonholed enough as a girlfriend character so a vote for friendship not romance for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I’d much rather they develop a strong platonic friendship, Scott needs friends.
    It depends alot on what they do with him, but it looks like they are setting up Jean's crew as the ultimate scions of Xavier's dream and to be the heart of the line.

Are we getting early 90s Scott or something closer to this decades version of him? If its this decade it opens up the right doors between Scott, Lorna and Emma as well various ways, certainly potentially in building friendships. One of the things I do think this season of The Gifted is going to seed is how well Emma and Lorna might be able to interact each with their mutant political hats on.

I would agree it would be nice to see them as friends working together on a goal.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-19-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    From what I recall, Polaris only likes Scott when Jean is around.
    Good to know. girlfriends before men

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    fml no... not another one
    This.

She's been though enough with cosmic rings, and doesn't need to go through more. Bedsides, Alex/Maddie was all types of gross, and suggesting that doing this with Lorna/Scott is somehow okay makes no sense.

Ultimate Lorna BTW did date both Ultimate Havok and Ultimate Scott and was 100% the Jean lite Summers brother girlfriend character until they killed her off because the character sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Ultimate Lorna BTW did date both Ultimate Havok and Ultimate Scott and was 100% the Jean lite Summers brother girlfriend character until they killed her off because the character sucked.
    Most of the UU characters sucked, so at least that wasn't unique to Lorna. UU may have been the worst version of Scott to appear in more than a single Alternate Universe arc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Most of the UU characters sucked, so at least that wasn't unique to Lorna. UU may have been the worst version of Scott to appear in more than a single Alternate Universe arc.
    That was wolverine & the x-men universe.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    That was wolverine & the x-men universe.
    I consider that one a close second. WatX Cyclops was still capable of doing things every now and again. UU Scott was slightly more useful than Bunn's Tyke. Which means there were stories when he wasn't a negative influence on the team's capability.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I'm 100% down for tying the Grey-Summers and the Maximoff-Pyms together, just because it would be HILARIOUS, but don't use Scott to do it.
    They are already tied together Havok and Wasp had a daughter together.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I already hated Havok taking the ex of his brother when he did 'date' Madelyne. Brothers don't take leftovers from the other brother. It's just not done.

So nope. Not Cyclops now taking the ex of Havok.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by GarDian View Post
    No. Please no. There are maybe 10 or more people I'd rather see Cyclops be in a relationship with. Probably in order:

Jean, Maria Hill, Emma, Tempus from the future, Psylocke, Medusa, Rogue, Storm, Wasp, Wolverine, aged X23, Dani Moonstar, Doop, Howard the Duck, etc...

I mean I'm sure Polaris is great but its weird since she dated Havoc for a while.
    Teen Dani and teen Scott would be interesting, if it wasn't for the fact she dated his son.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I already hated Havok taking the ex of his brother when he did 'date' Madelyne. Brothers don't take leftovers from the other brother. It's just not done.

So nope. Not Cyclops now taking the ex of Havok.
    Polaris never married havok, and he dumped her twice even tough she wasn't evil or possessed, it's about time to move on

Just because some red head fans don't cared who she dates as long as is a big f u to Scott don't mean we Cyke fans have to be the same. The books might ignore that Xman and Havok had a thing with Maddie but we the fans don't. Is just all kinds of wrong, even if Havok did it to Cyke don't mean Cyke had to do the same.

This is a shipping if it happens that haters would used against him, so why add more drama to the one he has? Even if she is single and so is he I would not support this at all. There are some writers who don't cared who they make a couple just for sells but gusset what this affects the character and how he/she is view.

What I am trying to say is the writers might ignore that stuff but fans remember it and it taints what ever relationship moving forward. Is bad that ppl think he likes younger woman to boost his ego.... etc where did they get stuff like that lol Emma is older then him.