Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Personally i don't think a brother should ever date a woman his brother dated. But that's just me. It's just sloppy and i don't want to be with someone who can answer the question whose better "me or my brother?" and Havok already has big brother envy sometimes. I thought it was gross when he tried to get with MAddie.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm down for cyclops and Polaris. that leaves jean for Logan. everyone is happy.
    It would be amazing for Polaris up until the point where it gets to be Mr. Angsty Time and she gets killed off.

She'd get a hell of a push before that point though.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That was Lorna being written in full on replacement Jean mode which happens when a writer doesn't have a real sense of Lorna as a character at all and really wants Jean, but editorial hands them Lorna. RAFOTSE didn’t well represent Lorna before nor after. That said the character is already pigeonholed enough as a girlfriend character so a vote for friendship not romance for me.
    Friendship is so underrated, I want to see very strong platonic friendships between men and women and not just perpetual "could this be romance? wink-wink" from the big two.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    It depends alot on what they do with him, but it looks like they are setting up Jean's crew as the ultimate scions of Xavier's dream and to be the heart of the line.

Are we getting early 90s Scott or something closer to this decades version of him? If its this decade it opens up the right doors between Scott, Lorna and Emma as well various ways, certainly potentially in building friendships. One of the things I do think this season of The Gifted is going to seed is how well Emma and Lorna might be able to interact each with their mutant political hats on.

I would agree it would be nice to see them as friends working together on a goal.
    I would absolutely read a book with the three of them as leads - and if necessary, they can have romantic tension between Scott and Emma. Scott and Lorna should just be great friends and then at some point he can lament that things didn't work out between her and his brother since she's so great.

Nope, this is not a good idea

Astonishing Member

the boyfriend Id like for Lorna is Exodus, she could take his virginity

Ultimate Member

That wouldn't work for Lorna, a guy that is obsessed with her father, imho...would he put her or Magneto first...I think the latter...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    That wouldn't work for Lorna, a guy that is obsessed with her father, imho...would he put her or Magneto first...I think the latter...
    Batman and Talia, that is what killed it mostly
    Anyways Scott not obsessed with magneto like that

BANNED

Ewwwwww--that's his brother's girlfriend! No way!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Ewwwwww--that's his brother's girlfriend! No way!
    Yeah tell that to Havok

I'm indifferent as long as Havok never comes up, I mean literally never, under no circumstances until Lorna's been properly used without Havok brought up for 10 years. If Havok has to be brought up then forget it.

In all honesty, I think her best shot is if she just stops having romantic relationships with men entirely and goes all women. X-Men Blue made it very clear to me that Marvel is so completely consumed by their garbage nostalgia for Lorna treated poorly as Havok's girlfriend (by initially treating her dynamic with her dad the same way) that they'll apply that same treatment to all other relationships she has with men. Best way around it I can think of is if she starts having more relationships with women, because there aren't as many garbage nostalgia cases of Lorna treated poorly with women for Marvel to fall back on.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Just because some red head fans don't cared who she dates as long as is a big f u to Scott don't mean we Cyke fans have to be the same. The books might ignore that Xman and Havok had a thing with Maddie but we the fans don't. Is just all kinds of wrong, even if Havok did it to Cyke don't mean Cyke had to do the same.

This is a shipping if it happens that haters would used against him, so why add more drama to the one he has? Even if she is single and so is he I would not support this at all. There are some writers who don't cared who they make a couple just for sells but gusset what this affects the character and how he/she is view.

What I am trying to say is the writers might ignore that stuff but fans remember it and it taints what ever relationship moving forward. Is bad that ppl think he likes younger woman to boost his ego.... etc where did they get stuff like that lol Emma is older then him.
    Gross! And a vast overexaggeration of most Jean fans, consistently however Scott is at least allowed to have long term relationships. The time in between Jean is usually dead, I think most fans, of specific characters or the Xmen as a whole.

Can agree they'd like characters in meaningful relationships that promotes growth and development contrary to petty ship feuds or arguments.

Also the bitterness...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Just because some red head fans don't cared who she dates as long as is a big f u to Scott don't mean we Cyke fans have to be the same. The books might ignore that Xman and Havok had a thing with Maddie but we the fans don't. Is just all kinds of wrong, even if Havok did it to Cyke don't mean Cyke had to do the same.

This is a shipping if it happens that haters would used against him, so why add more drama to the one he has? Even if she is single and so is he I would not support this at all. There are some writers who don't cared who they make a couple just for sells but gusset what this affects the character and how he/she is view.

What I am trying to say is the writers might ignore that stuff but fans remember it and it taints what ever relationship moving forward. Is bad that ppl think he likes younger woman to boost his ego.... etc where did they get stuff like that lol Emma is older then him.
    People believe what they want to believe.And can i say Scott's biggest enemy is Apocalypse?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Gross! And a vast overexaggeration of most Jean fans, consistently however Scott is at least allowed to have long term relationships. The time in between Jean is usually dead, I think most fans, of specific characters or the Xmen as a whole.

Can agree they'd like characters in meaningful relationships that promotes growth and development contrary to petty ship feuds or arguments.

Also the bitterness...
    Exactly.Scott always has more stable relationships but then time passes by but characters don't age & writers had to do the worse to screw the relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post

When the heck has Cyclops been obsessed with Magneto? There are several reasons to not like this pairing but this is just random as hell
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-19-2018 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

When the heck has Cyclops been obsessed with Magneto? There are several reasons to not like this pairing but this is just random as hell
    I think that he actually was talking about Exodus.