Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    It's pretty much a copy and paste of the Jean/Havok thread from a few days ago.
    Which undermines the whole idea.

If this thread was made in isolation it could be an interesting discussion. But it’s strange and kind of telling that a thread about a jean relationship (not even romantic necessarily) spurs some sort of mirror image cyclops thread.

I feel some cyclops fans need to not automatically invoke cyclops when they see a jean relationship discussion, and jean fans in turn should not do the same when a cyke relationship discussion starts. Creating these parallel Threads ironically makes it all about a jean x cyclops discussion in a way.

On topic, I don’t know much about cyclops and Polaris history but I don’t see much there. Would I be interested in reading it? Sure. I always like new relationships being formed (even if not romantic ones).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Not I, but somebody:

... cleverly took it out of conteXt.
    Ok, now that makes more sense. Otherwise I was about to say that was rude

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Brandclops will be great except for the beast connection.
    That'll only make it better

BANNED

One thing's for sure, they'd make for a HOT couple:

... and give Mags some GREAT-lookin' grandbabies.

Admittedly,

https://www.deviantart.com/lightenga...-hmm-259856793

... X(XX)'d my mind, as a guilty pleasure, mostly. 8P

But only in passing...

... and never TOO seriously. [/CENTER]

Lorna + Scott would = a WHOLE LOT of drama, tho, of that you can be certain.
    Ah man, the flirting between Logan and Alison in the "The Best There It Is" mini was great . Pitty that no one did anything with it.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I’ll just repeat from the other thread that it’s gross to date your brother’s exes. I’d much rather they develop a strong platonic friendship, Scott needs friends.
    Same and agreed.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Same and agreed.
    I think there is potential to be mined here, certainly more than a friendship between Jean/Havok if only because in some ways they have stepped away from the shadows of their fathers. I think as things stand, Jean is likely going to align with Xavier's classic philosophy, and that's fine, but I don't think Scott should rejoin them so quickly. And while I'm not very knowledgeable about Lorna, I think she has a fantastic design with the obviously cool powers of Magneto; I'd love it if we could have more than two characters to act as "centers" or tent-poles for narratives.

On the bit of my lack of knowledge regarding certain characters, I want to read some more about Cannonball and his crew, Polaris, the classic X-Factor as well as Peter David's run with Madrox, the Storm mini from a few years ago, the two Cyclops and Phoenix Adventures minis (and my LCS did me the favor of special ordering the most recent collection for me!), plus a plethora of other books. I've still got some catching up to do.

I think a sort of John Stewart/Soranik Natu friendship would be good for them.

Ultimate Member

You could probably view any two X-characters as being a hot couple...besides which if Lorna and Alex had a kid it'd finally be a Summers that stuck around that didn't have Scott as a father, and could have blue hair, given that Alex is blond and Lorna green...kind of reverse it a bit...so no, no pairing for Scott and Lorna...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I think a sort of John Stewart/Soranik Natu friendship would be good for them.
    Oh, that would be an interesting dynamic as well. Two leaders with different MOs working for the same cause.

But when they get behind closed doors and nobody is looking...!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    You could probably view any two X-characters as being a hot couple...besides which if Lorna and Alex had a kid it'd finally be a Summers that stuck around that didn't have Scott as a father, and could have blue hair, given that Alex is blond and Lorna green...kind of reverse it a bit...so no, no pairing for Scott and Lorna...
    Scott likely has a blonde haired gene since they are recessive and his mother was blonde herself. Not that I support them being a thing. Just pointing out that Scott has the potential for blonde kids depending on the mother - without bringing up what mutations can do.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Hahaha yes, this!
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Scott likely has a blonde haired gene since they are recessive and his mother was blonde herself. Not that I support them being a thing. Just pointing out that Scott has the potential for blonde kids depending on the mother - without bringing up what mutations can do.
    True, though all of his kids either had brown or red hair, I was more just using that since yellow and blue make green if you put yellow and green together and got blue it'd be fun...

One thing's for sure, they'd make for a HOT couple:

[IMG]https://tse16.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.8EiTN4KrGeSw12MYvgGipAHaMp[IMG][IMG]https://cafart.r.worldssl.net/images/Category_1645/subcat_50102/RLp.jpg[IMG]

... and give Mags some GREAT-lookin' grandbabies.
    It's comics. Almost everyone would make a hot couple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It's comics. Almost everyone would make a hot couple.
    True enough, but even in comics there's differing degrees of hotness, that's dependent on the chemistry of various combinations... just like RL.