Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The New 52 versions weren't even rapists. NO incarnation of the Amazons have been rapists.

The Amazons murdered sailors, they didn't rape them. That the narrative still exists is annoying beyond all believe. The sex they had beforehand was consensual.
    There is no confirmation it was rape, but the comic doesn't make it clear that it was consensual either.

The depiction in the art appears pretty clear to me.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    There is no confirmation it was rape, but the comic doesn't make it clear that it was consensual either.
    Actually, it's very clear.

"Beautiful women offering themselves."

No, it was clearly not rape. It was seduction and murder, but the women 'offered' themselves and the men accepted.

It is clarified further when it says that it was like a dream that, after it's done, turns into a nightmare when the Amazons turned on them.

So if they offer and the men think it's a dream, that makes it exceedingly clear that it's consensual.

I don't think this is something everyone will agree on. After all, "rape by deception" exists in our judicial system, and some could argue that this is exactly that.