Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

This might be the best season of a Marvel Netflix show. This was very much a clsssic Kingpin story and basically took what season one did without being bogged down by the need to establish everyone. It’s what a good follow up should be.

D’Onofrio is amazing as Fisk. He is the best villain of the MCU by many magnitudes. I could easily see an alternate universe where he is the lead of a show in a sort of Tony Soprano way. He’s that good. Able to be relentlessly and unforgivably brutal while also being complex and sympathetic.

They nailed Bullseye. Him and Matt will have some strong clashes in the future.

Nadeem was a standout supporting figure. Seriously you had to feel for the guy.

They did an excellent job of isolating Matt and making him feel alone while not minimizing the rest of the cast. This was a strong season for Karen Page and Foggy Nelson.

Some of the best fight choreography you will see on tv. It was just classic.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Awesome season. It's close between DDS1 and DDS3 for best thing in all the MCU.
    This show really is the best thing to come out of the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This show really is the best thing to come out of the MCU.
    Definitely. Felt that way since I finished DDS1 and now DDS3.

Astonishing Member

Also this show needs award nominations and wins. Best series and performances: Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post

He was one of the bodies in the freezer, he isn't coming back. Unless you mean Matt becoming Gladiator.

I said Julie as Bull's eye stalking target. And Melvin was the second so he isn't coming back as anyone. I just don't know who the last one was.
    You sure? I didn't see Melvin in there. Why would they kill him when they needed someone to frame for the DD murders? I'm going to watch that scene again because I didn't see Melvin in that freezer.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    Also this show needs award nominations and wins. Best series and performances: Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio.
    I liked Fisk in general and the way he way played, but the line delivery got tedious after awhile to me. He emphasized every line like he was trying to squeeze out a fart at the same time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I liked Fisk in general and the way he way played, but the line delivery got tedious after awhile to me. He emphasized every line like he was trying to squeeze out a fart at the same time.
    Heh. If the show could only win two awards, I'd like best series and best actor to Charlie Cox. Cox is brilliant in the role, feels a tad overlooked compared to Vincent's Fisk in S1 and Bernthal's Punisher in S2.

BANNED

Amazing, just amazing. I'm not a big Daredevil guy but this is some seriously top level stuff. The performances were incredible. Even the guy playing your typical cop in a bad place was actually holding his own against the masterful performances of the lead villains. Thats when you know you're on THAT level.

Yeah, five episodes in and I'm really digging this season so far, as evidenced by this review I wrote up:
    Daredevil season 3, episode 5 review: The Perfect Game In particular, I like how this series is developing Dex into Bullseye and doing so in a plausible way. Plus, the way they told his backstory was one of the most creative montages this series, or any NetFlix Marvel series, has done so far.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    You sure? I didn't see Melvin in there. Why would they kill him when they needed someone to frame for the DD murders? I'm going to watch that scene again because I didn't see Melvin in that freezer.
    Melvin is the first frozen body Poindexter unwraps in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    He eventually helped Matt, when the squad arrived. He'd be a liability instead of an asset going forward.
    Live true or lie well.

Finished season 3 earlier today, Loved It! A lot of emotion, and revelations in this season. I’m big on villains, so my only disappointment was Mr and Mrs Fisk not being able to enjoy their day. A Great last scene, a lot to look forward to in season 4.
    #MagnetoWasRight

BANNED

First episode and Matt is already having a crisis of faith. Are all Catholics like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    First episode and Matt is already having a crisis of faith. Are all Catholics like this?
    No, but not all catholics are viginantees that fo around beating up bad guys at night. It goes against the whole turn the other cheek thing.

Astonishing Member

Really great season overall. Daredevil continues to be the standout performer of the MCU Netflix series. All the supporting characters were outstanding. This was the best outing we got imo for Foggy and Karen. They weren't needy, they were actually support to Matt in that they made him realize when he's being an ass and that they can help him in their own way.

I felt the season was mostly tight and didn't get off in the weeds too much in terms of keeping a pace the entire 13 episodes. The only weird bit was the first half of episode 10 the Karen hometown flashback. I felt like that was really weird placement for that diversion. To me it threw off the pace that had been building up to that point of the main story. The only thing that saved it from being a lost episode was the church fight at the end when it returned to present day.

This season proves that DD doesn't need the guest stars Elektra and Punisher to be great. I wouldn't throw off DD chemistry by adding any of the cancelled actors to his.