Default Artemis Fowl movie trailer

When I was a kid I LOVED the Artemis Fowl books. I was lured in by the shiny covers. And by "loved" I mean I was a superfan. 14 years old, modding an Artemis Fowl forum. The kid in me is losing her mind that this movie is even being made at all. Does it look a bit crap? Sure! But my expectations have been subterranean for over a decade and this is way better looking than I was ever expecting. Fingers crossed that it isn't completely horrible!

I didn't know they were making a movie until today. I remember the books as a kid also, and like you, being drawn by the covers. I think the farthest I've read was about half of one. I can't say I ever knew what they were about or I don't recall. I just mainly knew them as being popular and it was always nice to see a shiny new edition at the latest bookfair.

That being said, this trailer looks terrible. The action/cgi seems beyond generic and dated. It looks like it was made years ago, but is only now getting a release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I didn't know they were making a movie until today. I remember the books as a kid also, and like you, being drawn by the covers. I think the farthest I've read was about half of one. I can't say I ever knew what they were about or I don't recall. I just mainly knew them as being popular and it was always nice to see a shiny new edition at the latest bookfair.

That being said, this trailer looks terrible. The action/cgi seems beyond generic and dated. It looks like it was made years ago, but is only now getting a release.
    People have been trying to adapt this since the first or second book's been out, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually made years ago somehow. From what I remember, the first attempt was by Miramax with the director for Cats & Dogs.

It could have been so much worse.

I was a fan of them when i was younger. I feel ancient now.

It looks decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post

Well, the film itself won't actually drop until next summer. So, I assume they'll be working on those very things.

And it seems a common thread here; also early teens when I came across the first book and enjoyed it.

Couldn't help but think "eh, Nagini is in this trailer" lol. But it looks interesting. I don't know a single darn thing about that franchise so it's going to be a discovery for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Couldn't help but think "eh, Nagini is in this trailer" lol. But it looks interesting. I don't know a single darn thing about that franchise so it's going to be a discovery for me.
    Its not easy to explain, especially without going into spoilers. But it mixes fantasy with science and centered around a near psychopath kid delving into the magical world (no he's not a wizard).

Loved most of books, (they got a bit of a speed wobble towards the end.) The challenge for this film is to have a young boy, an amoral know it all narcissist be played by a very junior actor and not have the character come across as a completely unlikable little s**t. The books were remarkable because one loved the character in spite of this. I Noticed Artemis didn't say a single word in the trailer. Which isn't all that promising.