Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

This season is, without a doubt, one of my favourite seasons of any TV shows. I'm comparing it to shows like X-Files, Star Trek: TNG, Angel, How I Met Your Mother, Entourage, Game of Thrones and so many more. I was so glad to see Matt going the entire season without that crappy looking SWAT-chic suit. I hate how dopey it looks.

What I am loving about this season is how much the obstacles ramp up against Matt and the gang. Almost nothing goes right the entire season and it was fascinating and enjoyable watching the group putting up with everything. A lot of interesting new characters. I really loved the main henchman in the show and how insurmountable Wilson Fisk comes across this season.

Definitely my favourite DD season to date and maybe in my top 10 of the best seasons of TV, period.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

I neglected to say this, but: Charlie Cox is amazing. He is amazing as Daredevil, but he is just that much better as Matt Murdoch. Everything about him makes him feel like Matt Murdoch. I am not really impressed with a lot of the casting choices the Netflix shows have made of the protagonists of the respective shows, but Charlie Cox as Matt Murdoch/Daredevil is easily their best one.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I neglected to say this, but: Charlie Cox is amazing. He is amazing as Daredevil, but he is just that much better as Matt Murdoch. Everything about him makes him feel like Matt Murdoch. I am not really impressed with a lot of the casting choices the Netflix shows have made of the protagonists of the respective shows, but Charlie Cox as Matt Murdoch/Daredevil is easily their best one.
    He's one of the best cast characters in the MCU period. Right next to Downey as Tony Stark.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    He's one of the best cast characters in the MCU period. Right next to Downey as Tony Stark.
    This. Cox is f'n perfect as Matt Murdock/Daredevil since the start. He's there with Downey Jr's Tony Stark and Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 10-23-2018 at 02:02 AM.

Agreed about Cox. He's seriously incredibly talented. When I watch him, I really see Matt Murdock.

It was ultimately disappointing. What they did with Bullseye was unforgivable. And Karen Page should have died
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Ultimate Member

This season was pretty good. The only issue I had with it was the Karen focused episode (i literally had to skip most of it).

Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio was great actors. The guy playing Bullseye was pretty good too.

The action sequences are so good from the long shots to the brutal punches and kicks, it's hard to believe it's the same studios that produced Iron Fist.

Best DD season and probably best Netflix/Marvel season thus far. excellent job. I will say episode 1 was a really slow burn and I was thinking "uh oh" but man...they nailed it, in my opinion.

Here's hoping we get a season 4, which may not be a guarantee with the axing of Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

Marvel should really consider pulling Charlie Cox into the films, though. He's a talented actor and could hold his own on the big screen. Would be cool to see DD interacting with the cinematic heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This season was pretty good. The only issue I had with it was the Karen focused episode (i literally had to skip most of it).

Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio was great actors. The guy playing Bullseye was pretty good too.

The action sequences are so good from the long shots to the brutal punches and kicks, it's hard to believe it's the same studios that produced Iron Fist.
    I was surprised they dedicated an entire episode to Karen but I didn't hate it. She's the third lead in this show behind Matt and Foggy (and really she probably has had more screentime than Foggy). But we know Matt's story. Foggy's background is no mystery...his entire family is in this season. I didn't mind getting more on Karen. They could have maybe intercut some other stuff into the episode - jumped back and forth in time a bit...but I didn't feel like it hurt the momentum of the season or anything.

Up to ep. 9 and Fisk is just... no words.

The season got much better since ep. 4.
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 10-24-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Astonishing Member

Ep4 was the best episode of the season with Ep13 and Ep6 making up the top three.

Extraordinary Member

How old was DD's mom supposed to be when she met his dad? Cause she looks highschool and dude was lookin 50.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    How old was DD's mom supposed to be when she met his dad? Cause she looks highschool and dude was lookin 50.
    I did think that was weird. I mean I would guess she was young and he was supposed to be...I dunno...younger than he looked. I don't know why they didn't get a younger dude to play his dad though, in that flashback.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

They needed a younger priest for the flashbacks too
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I did think that was weird. I mean I would guess she was young and he was supposed to be...I dunno...younger than he looked. I don't know why they didn't get a younger dude to play his dad though, in that flashback.
    Yeah or atleast an older actress.