Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Sounds like Disney did something crazy like demanding some ridiculously high fees on Netflix and they said no.
    I understand Iron Fist being canceled but now that all the shows are dropping it makes it look like this is on Disney rather than Netflix.
    One guy's take...

It's probably less that than that the shows were a seriously expensive "Production" proposition for Netflix.

It's along the lines of Night Flight(If you are enough of a geezer to remember that...) The show was a great deal back when The USA Network had little programming, and needed to sell advertising time. Once the network was in a better position, they scrapped the 50/50 advertising revenue deal and cancelled Night Flight.

The program they replaced it with(USA Up! All Night) being a way more sensible call on the "Revenue" front.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-29-2018 at 10:23 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, Disney+ is going for general all-ages content or stuff that families could watch.

I don't see Daredevil or any of the Netflix stuff fitting in there unless they retool it into the Waid/Samnee Daredevil .
    I could honestly see a Heroes for Hire or Iron Fist fitting on Disney +

So just curious does anyone prefer this Fisk to comic Fisk. Like I feel like it's better in different ways. I kinda dont like that he loses his shit and then fights like a crazy person. I love that he holds his own in a fight as any version of Kingpin should. But I like the calmer always cool under pressure version of Kingpin I'm use to. As Brendan Schaun likes to say he has big dick energy. That's said the netflic shows probaly Ave him more nuance and character then the comics or Spiderman TAS ever did. He was always kinda a stoic figure you didnt know much about the show gave him heart. Still kinda prefer the Always calm Kingpin. Makes it feel like even when Spidey won that Kingpin was already thinking 3 moves out and would be prepared. This show did a great job of that. Fisks plans didnt leave u scratching your head it was well written. If it gets cancelled I'll be sad to see it go

Also see people saying the shows can move to Hulu. Is that possible I thought Netflix co owned the shows. I have no idea how that works. But Dinsey cant stream the previus seasons and I assume they cant show any scenes from those seasons. Would they be allowed to mention stuff from previous seasons that Netflix owns? I just know when Disney ended they're partnership with Netflix it was said then shows werent going anywhere because Netflix owned them as much as Disney did. So I wonder if you can continue the show without Netflix or would u have to reboot. I guess a soft reboot could work. Dont disregard what happened in previous seasons but keep the cast and just start with a new statistic quo and go from there
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-29-2018 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So just curious does anyone prefer this Fisk to comic Fisk. Like I feel like it's better in different ways. I kinda dont like that he loses his shit and then fights like a crazy person. I love that he holds his own in a fight as any version of Kingpin should. But I like the calmer always cool under pressure version of Kingpin I'm use to. As Brendan Schaun likes to say he has big dick energy. That's said the netflic shows probaly Ave him more nuance and character then the comics or Spiderman TAS ever did. He was always kinda a stoic figure you didnt know much about the show gave him heart. Still kinda prefer the Always calm Kingpin. Makes it feel like even when Spidey won that Kingpin was already thinking 3 moves out and would be prepared. This show did a great job of that. Fisks plans didnt leave u scratching your head it was well written. If it gets cancelled I'll be sad to see it go
    Vincent D’Onofrio is an amazing actor and does a great job with what he’s given. But I will always prefer a more sophisticated, controlled, and mature Kingpin like the comics and perfect portrayal by Roscoe Lee Browne to the Netflix version that is kind of a lovesick manchild. Same opinion on Bullseye. The actor did a great job, but I prefer confident asshole merc to developmentally/emotionally challenged sociopath.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Astonishing Member

Saddened by Daredevil's cancellation. It will be missed. S1 and S3 to single out, likewise Cox and D'Onofrio.

This sucks so much.....guess P2 and JJ3 will be our lasts rides.....

Ya, Netflix and Disney are cutting ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    This sucks so much.....guess P2 and JJ3 will be our lasts rides.....
    And most likely another Defenders mini-series. Netflix had 14 seasons contractually slated. 3 JJ, 3 DD, 2 IF, 2 LC, 2P, 2D. Which would round it out to 14.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

From the Nelson & Murdock twitter account

https://twitter.com/Daredevil/status...41345406734336

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Cheer up guys, at least we have 5 more seasons of Agents of Shield *vomits violently*

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Disney said they are pushing mature content to Hulu, which they are investing heavily in and making international once the Fox deal goes through and Disney gets the controlling interest. So expect the Netflix Marvel shows to be renewed over there sometime late 2019.
    Also don't be surprised when Jessica Jones and Punisher get cancelled a month or so after their next seasons on Netflix, Disney seems to be really kicking the legs out from Netflix with this MCU stuff.
    There are rumbling that Hulu maybe be bundled with Disney+ subscriptions. So if that's the case then win win, Daredevil would fit on Hulu with it's dark stuff like Handmaid's Tale.

Niffleheim

I'm really mad about this but at least i'm glad that other than Bullseye there is no hanging thread storywise.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Disney said they are pushing mature content to Hulu, which they are investing heavily in and making international once the Fox deal goes through and Disney gets the controlling interest. So expect the Netflix Marvel shows to be renewed over there sometime late 2019.
    Also don't be surprised when Jessica Jones and Punisher get cancelled a month or so after their next seasons on Netflix, Disney seems to be really kicking the legs out from Netflix with this MCU stuff.
    There are rumbling that Hulu maybe be bundled with Disney+ subscriptions. So if that's the case then win win, Daredevil would fit on Hulu with it's dark stuff like Handmaid's Tale.
    Does anyone know how that works since netlfix still co owns the shows. Like these version of the characters can Disney do whatever they want with them as long as they dont show anything filmed for the Netflix shows. Or do they have to differentiate themselves enough from the Netflix shows to not get sued. Just curious of anyone who understand how exactly these kinda deal work could break this down for me in simple terms. Cause Netflix made a big deal when Disney ended they're partnership to say that they owned these shows just as much as Disney and that the shows weren't ever leaving Netflix. So just begs the questions can Disney directly continue those shows are do they have make new shows with the characters. The whole thing seems complicated.

Who knew Thanos was the CEO of Netflix.

Seriously though I think its more Netflix than Marvel wanting these shows gone now. Netflix has a lot of hit shows why produce shows for a company who's bulk of product will now be on a competing Streaming Service?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Does anyone know how that works since netlfix still co owns the shows. Like these version of the characters can Disney do whatever they want with them as long as they dont show anything filmed for the Netflix shows. Or do they have to differentiate themselves enough from the Netflix shows to not get sued. Just curious of anyone who understand how exactly these kinda deal work could break this down for me in simple terms. Cause Netflix made a big deal when Disney ended they're partnership to say that they owned these shows just as much as Disney and that the shows weren't ever leaving Netflix. So just begs the questions can Disney directly continue those shows are do they have make new shows with the characters. The whole thing seems complicated.
    Knowing Disney I would imagine that Marvel owns the shows and Netflix owns distribution rights but there may be exploits in the contract or Disney may have traded them something. Fact is timeline wise they can't start production on any new seasons for Hulu until the deal goes through so canceling them just seems for show though they might not bringing back Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

The issue is that even if we got the exact contract, Disney and Marvel have been known to bargain to get their own way so we just don't know. But I doubt Netflix could outmanuevere Disney when it comes to contracts and legal stuff.