Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Great season so far. I'm on episode 5. Daredevil wipes the stink of Ironfist away. Thank god.
    Can't wait to see bullseye in full. Love the daredevil comic and show.
    End of episode 4 I knew Fisk was gonna opt to ruin Matt, but I still screamed a Rick Flair wow when he said his name.

Mighty Member

Who were the three bodies in the fridge? I know one was the armorer and one was Bulls Eye's stalking target but who was the third?

Just finished it, and I enjoyed it a lot. It had it's moment where I was like "Really? you're better than this." But they didn't completely drag it down. I guess I'll bullet the standouts.

-From what I remember I thought Matt was in a good place with his friends, so seeing the "push loved ones way" technique was a bitter start for me.

-They have a fair amount of monologing, maybe they could have trimmed that down.

-Prison fight had some sloppy bits. As in slow glaringly missed punches that didn't connect, but otherwise pretty cool.

-Out of all the Marvel Flix shows dealing with a corrupt govt. this season did it the best. I liked the complexities of doing what they think is best for the public and how the public percieves it as some BS; both sides showing irrational and rational behavior.

-Very nice casting of young Bullseye. He looks just like him! They could have easliy have been lazy with that, but they weren't. Conversely, casting a younger mom but keeping matts dad the same was weird af.

-I thought Matt knew his mom was a nun. So when he kept calling her sister I thought he was doing it to spite her. I did'nt think it was supposed to be a huge reveal because I could have sworn they clearly alluded to it in the past seasons and Defenders.

-C'mon Dex could have killed everyone in that room at the newspaper office, but we realistically know why he didn't.

-Fisk's closet of white suits leading into a cartoony secret layer made me laugh, I must admit.

-Seeing the ringing phones of dead civilians was really powerful. I liked that imagery a lot.

-Nadeen is yet aonther straight lace cop, that eventually realizes he needs to work around the law by working with the vigilante. Like Madani (sp?) in Punisher, Misty Knight, and even Nuke. Luckily Nadeen was more complex and I liked him more towards the end.

-Ehh, It's cringy when TV shows mention online viewership and shares, always. lol

-As predicted they have the obligatory flashback episode to slow the momentum of the main story; for Karen of all people. I didn't like her as much this season, but that's alright. Foggy was great. He has clearly had some growth and learned to take things less personally and started to see other people's messed up habits might be a cry for help. Matty was great as usual, just would have preffered less self loathing. Man that scene with Fisk at the end was great. Beautiful rage that also seemed relieving for him; getting up in fisk's face and removing his mask also? Wonderful. He was feelin himself at that moment.

-Dex was incredibly disturbed and complex. Trying to be on his good side is like walking on eggshells. His intro saving fisk was dope, and so were his battles throughout. Just wish they had more trickshots towards the end. It seemed like they gave up on that at a certain point. More ricochets pleeeaaase. Between him, Typhoid, Bushmaster, and that ptsd kid in the Punisher Mix has been killing it with villains.

-How can I forget their super tacky stinger. So cliché, I'm surprised they even did it. You had to have the eye open during surgery? That was unbelievably corny.
    Last edited by Sain; 10-20-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    Who were the three bodies in the fridge? I know one was the armorer and one was Bulls Eye's stalking target but who was the third?
    The FBI guy from the Office of Professional Responsibility. Wynn? The one Fisk was framing Nadeem for murdering, that was really killed by the lady boss.

I loved it, Daredevil is always so damn good and another great season in the bag. Loved the slow burn of Bullseye, every scene he's in I'm worried he's going to kill everyone.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    The FBI guy from the Office of Professional Responsibility. Wynn? The one Fisk was framing Nadeem for murdering, that was really killed by the lady boss.
    I thought they released his body when they were smearing Nadeem?

It's been a long time since the last season of Daredevil; I forget how seriously awesome it is, especially when comparing it to Iron Fist, which I just finished up a couple weeks ago. Daredevil just feels like it's on a different level. Now to see if Netflix will cancel this show, too, and then await Disney's next move.

This season was absolutely fantastic. We all know Season One was great and while I'm in the minority, I really liked Season Two, but I think this might have been my favorite season. It was just firing on all cylinders and I think it might have been the first season where I was interested in all the storylines, even down to Nadeem who was just introduced here. It also was possibly the first season of any Marvel show where I felt like it completely earned thirteen episodes. No doubt that Daredevil is the crowned jewel of superhero TV.

Aw, not the 'hallucination' trope! First 'broken powers' trope and now this?

BANNED

If there's a consistent problem with every Netflix Marvel show, it's that in any given episode between 25% to 50% of the material is not relevant to the story they are ostensibly trying to tell. Defenders was the best at avoiding this but not perfect. This season of Daredevil was about a six episode story.

I was intrigued by the ending though, and will be interested to see if they choose to pursue the point that ultimately the system did fail. They merely got very lucky at the last minute.

I suspect, though, that this point will be lost on the next season, and we will instead deal worth Vanessa taking over the crime organization.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    If there's a consistent problem with every Netflix Marvel show, it's that in any given episode between 25% to 50% of the material is not relevant to the story they are ostensibly trying to tell. Defenders was the best at avoiding this but not perfect. This season of Daredevil was about a six episode story.
    Or, more likely, you've completely misidentified the story the show is actually telling. But by all means, share what you think could have been cut that trims this down to 6 episodes without losing the rich thematic and character beats that are the key to it's soul.

If you had said 10, I could maybe see it. But even then, this season felt the most complete and thoroughly paced season of DD so far. There is certainly some fat you could trim, some of the mirrored beats could perhaps be cut and only lose some of their emotional effectiveness. And they maybe got greedy in the Karen flashbacks, showing more than was strictly speaking necessary to get the point.

"Taking down Fisk" was not the story being told here. It was the structure applied to the character arcs to give them focus.

Extraordinary Member

On ep 3 finding it watchable Fisk and Nadeem are saving the show to me. Kind of annoying how like almost every fight and action scene is at night or in the dark like wtf...

Extraordinary Member

Watch out guys you could get you head blown off for catcalling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Or, more likely, you've completely misidentified the story the show is actually telling. But by all means, share what you think could have been cut that trims this down to 6 episodes without losing the rich thematic and character beats that are the key to it's soul.

If you had said 10, I could maybe see it. But even then, this season felt the most complete and thoroughly paced season of DD so far. There is certainly some fat you could trim, some of the mirrored beats could perhaps be cut and only lose some of their emotional effectiveness. And they maybe got greedy in the Karen flashbacks, showing more than was strictly speaking necessary to get the point.

"Taking down Fisk" was not the story being told here. It was the structure applied to the character arcs to give them focus.
    The story is Matt's loss of faith and his struggle back. Kingpin was just a vehicle to transport that story.

There was easily 7 episodes' worth of material that did not contribute to that story. Fine character moments...sure. But those moments, extended beyond purpose, had nothing to do with the story, for the most part.

Also, most of the fight scenes were extended beyond purpose too. They just continued long enough to fill whatever time was necessary to take up because there wasn't enough of a story to propel them into relevance.

So I'm half way done. Does Matt ever get back in a suit? Or does he keep the ninja suit all season. Liking Bullseye iono why his names not Lester though. I mean lester pointdexter would be a ridiculous name but seem weird changing his name for no reason