Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

They totally Thano’d Bullseye here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    They totally Thano’d Bullseye here.
    I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I don't get it.
    They took an unsympathetic character from the comics and made him sympathetic.

Maybe they gave him more depth. But I wouldn't call him sympathetic in the least. He's still a straight up psychopath. He killed his coach because he wouldn't let him play.

Maybe they gave him more depth. But I wouldn't call him sympathetic in the least. He's still a straight up psychopath. He killed his coach because he wouldn't let him play.
    What makes him sympathetic is that he is trying to hold his psychotic tendencies at bay and be a decent person until Fisk ruined everything.

What makes him sympathetic is that he is trying to hold his psychotic tendencies at bay and be a decent person until Fisk ruined everything.
    True, but he was never going to succeed in that. Fisk or no Fisk, he would've snapped eventually. Remember the way he talked on phone on suicide hotline?

True, but he was never going to succeed in that. Fisk or no Fisk, he would've snapped eventually. Remember the way he talked on phone on suicide hotline?
    Also he was stalking a girl.

That was before Julie became his emotional compass aka “North Star”. When Julie became his North Star again(or rather her corpse) he stopped killing innocent people hence why he didn’t try kill any of the good FBI agents.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, but he was at least trying to be better.

Bullseye in comics is a shallow character. The best writers can hope to accomplish with him is that readers love to hate him.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Also he was stalking a girl.
    The thing i like about that was that there wasn't a sexual motive like most of fictional stalkers,but it was a flawed attempt of Dex to find a friend and a role model,in order to keep his tendencies on hold.With Julie alive,Dex would be torn between Fisk(who "accepted" Dex for his murderous urges and skills) and Julie(who could keep Dex as a decent person).It would be interesting how Dex would handle that dilemma,but Fisk took care of that,although it backfired and Matt used it to storm the "King's castle"
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Astonishing Member

That is called good writing. Giving all your characters depth even the supporting cast and villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    It was ultimately disappointing. What they did with Bullseye was unforgivable. And Karen Page should have died
    Karen Page should've died about 348 times already. She's by far the worst thing about the Daredevil series (they largely wasted the back half of S2 on all kinds of poorly written nonsense).

My wife and I made a drinking game for her - every time she gets someone else killed or walks into an environment where any other person would be killed but for her super plot armor....drink. You'll need a lot of booze for an average DD season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    If there's a consistent problem with every Netflix Marvel show, it's that in any given episode between 25% to 50% of the material is not relevant to the story they are ostensibly trying to tell. Defenders was the best at avoiding this but not perfect. This season of Daredevil was about a six episode story.

I was intrigued by the ending though, and will be interested to see if they choose to pursue the point that ultimately the system did fail. They merely got very lucky at the last minute.

I suspect, though, that this point will be lost on the next season, and we will instead deal worth Vanessa taking over the crime organization.
    The only thing the "Defenders were best at" was wasting everyone's time. That was a truly awful series. It only didn't seem like they were avoiding fluff material because the show never had anything to work with from the get go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    The only thing the "Defenders were best at" was wasting everyone's time. That was a truly awful series. It only didn't seem like they were avoiding fluff material because the show never had anything to work with from the get go.
    There is nothing here objectively defensible, but I do need to modify my original statement. Just now watching season 1 of Iron Fist, and it has done a marginally better job than defenders of not padding the story with irrelevant stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    There is nothing here objectively defensible, but I do need to modify my original statement. Just now watching season 1 of Iron Fist, and it has done a marginally better job than defenders of not padding the story with irrelevant stuff.
    You realize you're citing, arguably of course, the two worst installments of the Marvel Netflix shows to make your point?

It's kind of like giving credit to a bad cook for the fact that you didn't over-eat.