Comics vs movies!

Team MCU:

Cull Obsidian
    Ebony Maw
    Corvus Glaive
    Proxima Midnight
    Gamora*
    Nebula*

*gear includes jetpacks, gravity snare grenades, energy pistols and swords.

Vs. Team 616 NYC

Spiderman
    Danny Rand
    Luke Cage
    Punisher (normal gun wielding Frank Castle)

BONUS: Add Thanos with power and space stones. Add Thing and Human Torch. Edit: Sue Storm as well
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 10-19-2018 at 08:47 AM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Danny's vastly better speed and helicarrier smash-up AoE is going to end Maw, Corvus, Proxima at the bell. Gamora and Nebula won't pose him any problem at all, again, due to VASTLY superior speed.

Cull is going to be a problem though. He was ripping through the Hulkbuster like cotton candy, and getting up, no blood, no foul, from everything Tony was doing to him. Maybe Danny can do that up, but the others sure as hell can't.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Cull is getting oneshotted once IF gets close.

I'll take Luke Cage over Cull any day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Danny's vastly better speed and helicarrier smash-up AoE is going to end Maw, Corvus, Proxima at the bell. Gamora and Nebula won't pose him any problem at all, again, due to VASTLY superior speed.
    To me that highlights a fundamental difference for Gamora and Nebula between their MCU and 616 counterparts. Both universes state that they're among the deadliest women in the cosmos, but 616 takes that just a small - but important - step further. For 616 Gamora, she's one of the deadliest martial artists and assassins in the universe, and 616 Nebula's a master strategist.

In hindsight while watching the movies, I would wonder why they would get tagged a *lot* compared to MCU Earth martial artists (esp. compared to Widow, Cap, or the Netflix heroes), and even Star-Lord would get a few good hits in despite being so-so in that dept. But then I realize the movies don't exactly make that distinction of fighting skill. Sure, they clearly have superhuman abilities, but they don't seem to have the skill of their much weaker human counterparts. I'm half-convinced that if you gave MCU Daredevil and Iron Fist similar stat upgrades but kept their skill and agility, that they would beat MCU Gamora and Nebula.

So with that said, 616 Danny's speed and skill would make quick work of them. Spidey's likely going to do the same as well.

Cull will give them trouble but 616 Luke Cage (inexplicably) knocked out Colossus somehow. Now, it could be an outlier and he's beaten Rhino before, but I'd wager that Spidey somehow throwing Cull's weapon right back at him would help the heroes out.
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-19-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Cull will give them trouble but 616 Luke Cage (inexplicably) knocked out Colossus somehow.
    That sounds like utter garbage unless Colossus has been pulling a Thor lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That sounds like utter garbage unless Colossus has been pulling a Thor lately.
    It was during AXIS (so 4 years ago) when the X-Men were "evil," but hey, if anyone wants to discount that, they'll get no argument from me.

Did Colossus owe Cage money ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan