Default Aquaman & Steppenwolf (DCEU) Vs. Ares (616)

Another movie vs comic fight. Arena.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

This seems like Ares' fight to lose (as in he'd have to really screw up to lose this one) unless I'm missing something about Steppenwolf having esoterica especially. It's not as though Steppenwolf especially otherwise measured up to DCEU Superman or anything.

Ares seems a bit stronger. He should wreck house.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    This seems like Ares' fight to lose (as in he'd have to really screw up to lose this one) unless I'm missing something about Steppenwolf having esoterica especially. It's not as though Steppenwolf especially otherwise measured up to DCEU Superman or anything.
    Yeah, but this is Steppenwolf AND Aquaman. Waaaay different.

...right?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Yeah, but this is Steppenwolf AND Aquaman. Waaaay different.

...right?
    Well ... I guess ... Ares can beat Steppenwolf with Aquaman ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I mean Ares is a legit class 100 who can at least throw down with Hercules or Thor and not be useless(I believe he pegged himself as a little bit weaker than Herc but faster and more skilled)

that would put him well over anything we saw Steppenwolf do IMO(Aquaman is kinda useless here, if he's strong enough to beat Steppenwolf he's strong enough to curbstomp Aquaman)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I mean Ares is a legit class 100 who can at least throw down with Hercules or Thor and not be useless(I believe he pegged himself as a little bit weaker than Herc but faster and more skilled)

that would put him well over anything we saw Steppenwolf do IMO(Aquaman is kinda useless here, if he's strong enough to beat Steppenwolf he's strong enough to curbstomp Aquaman)
    I wouldn't go so far as to view him as a class 100 brick frankly, but he doesn't need to be one to win convincingly here.

I wouldn't go so far as to view him as a class 100 brick frankly, but he doesn't need to be one to win convincingly here.
    Whereabouts do we place him? "Not Thor" is too vague.

I've heard Ben Grimm level before in terms of physicality. That sound better?
    - big_adventure

Whereabouts do we place him? "Not Thor" is too vague.

I've heard Ben Grimm level before in terms of physicality. That sound better?
    Thereabouts sounds fine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well ... I guess ... Ares can beat Steppenwolf with Aquaman ?
    Or he could beat Aquaman with Steppenwolf.

The question is which one of them would be a more effective weapon against the other one.

Thereabouts sounds fine.
    Ok, glad to establish that.

Well then, this may be closer than people are expecting perhaps. I mean, assuming Aquamans trailer feat of lifting the submarine is legit when the film comes out, he should be approaching Colossus/Thing levels himself right? And Steppenwolf was only overpowered in tug of war when it was Aquaman and Wonder Woman together.

This of course assuming I'm pegging Thing levels of strength accurately.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Or he could beat Aquaman with Steppenwolf.

The question is which one of them would be a more effective weapon against the other one.
    Hmm...

Steppenwolf is taller/pointier.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Ok, glad to establish that.

Well then, this may be closer than people are expecting perhaps. I mean, assuming Aquamans trailer feat of lifting the submarine is legit when the film comes out, he should be approaching Colossus/Thing levels himself right? And Steppenwolf was only overpowered in tug of war when it was Aquaman and Wonder Woman together.

This of course assuming I'm pegging Thing levels of strength accurately.
    The Thing is at 'compresses a skyscraper into a sword' level. So no.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The Thing is at 'compresses a skyscraper into a sword' level. So no.
    Was about to say the same exact thing but you blitzed me you calamari faced heathen.