Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Girls #1 preview

BANNED

Finally, MJ actually starts wearing her hair down as Spinerett on pages that aren't covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Finally, MJ actually starts wearing her hair down as Spinerett on pages that aren't covers.
    It's a nice look on her though the ponytail look she's been sporting worked as well.

There goes the "You look like my mom" potential jokes towards Anya :/

Considering they address Annie still wanting a better name, I'm curious if this mini will end with her officially taking on the Spider-Girl mantle for herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It's a nice look on her though the ponytail look she's been sporting worked as well.
    Still better then the bun .

The last issue of RYV said she was going to be Spectacular, too. Wouldn't be surprised if a Spectacular Spider-Girl title shows up in the February or March solicits, starring Annie (they'll have wanted to avoid spoiling Spider-Geddon, hence why such a book isn't launching in January). Anya could decide to also rebrand like Mayday already did - by reverting to Arana (she'd keep the Julia Carpenter costume though) - though admittedly, since they're from different universes, she'd only need to if she got a solo at the same time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yes, I'm here for this.

BANNED

I'll read it, but I'm probably not going to buy it, two reasons

1. This is'nt the version of Mayday I enjoy, this is the edgy version who's still grieving her father.
    2. I have a terrible suspicion Annie's parents, or at least her father, will be killed off in the main Spidergeddon event, thus giving her and Mayday something in common to bond over.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The last issue of RYV said she was going to be Spectacular, too. Wouldn't be surprised if a Spectacular Spider-Girl title shows up in the February or March solicits, starring Annie (they'll have wanted to avoid spoiling Spider-Geddon, hence why such a book isn't launching in January). Anya could decide to also rebrand like Mayday already did - by reverting to Arana (she'd keep the Julia Carpenter costume though) - though admittedly, since they're from different universes, she'd only need to if she got a solo at the same time.
    As much as I'd like that to happen, I really doubt it, since there's currently out there merchandise with her branded as Spider-Girl.

And she's called that on the cartoon too. But Miles Morales merch has been marketed as Kid Arachnid (it took Into the Spider-Verse to put a stop to that), his name from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. He never adopted that name in the comics.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, but Anya isn't a near A-list character who has had multiple starring ongoing series in the last years, been in multiple platforms outside of comics and being in the public consciousness since her inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'd be up for that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

I can't wait to see Mayday's reaction to the Spider-Family; I'm pretty sure she will hug Peter and MJ crying, and surely they will too if they realize Mayday is their first baby (who didn't survive in "Renew Your Vows"). I can't neither stop thinking about Mayday and Annie hugging each other when they realize they are sisters.

And by the way, I want to bet for the Spider-Family to survive Spider-Geddon without any member dying. There's no way Mayday will allow another version of her family to pass for what she had to suffer with her dad's death.

Yeah, it wasn't caused by Spider-Verse, but Anya's an orphan too - her father was killed by Red Hulk. Neither Anya nor Mayday will want Annie to suffer the same way.