Thread: App Store Games

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Default App Store Games

I had a question about the quality of some games seen in the app store. The classic, Star War: Knights of the Old Republic, is available and I was considering downloading it but I wasn't sure how well it would run (I have a 16gb iPad Air) or if it would be all that fun on the touch screen. Also, would it take up too much space?
    Has anyone tried it out?
    What are some other good app games out there? Free or otherwise.

KOTOR actually runs surprisingly well. The touch screen controls are a little off-putting at first, if you're used to other platforms, but you get used to them pretty fast. It is a big game, about 2GB. It wasn't really a problem for me, but I tend not to have very many games installed at any one time.

I tend to play a lot of time-waster type games, instead of long-form stuff like RPGs. Slicing games like Fruit Ninja, CCGs like Magic and Hearthstone, etc. That said, I've heard that the Baldur's Gate games, while pricey, are pretty good translations of the originals to the touch environment.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Spectacular Member

I like to play Iron Man 3. Try it!

Astonishing Member

Final Fantasy Tactics is fantastic, though the iPad version is kind of expensive for an iOS app.