Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Who Should Be More Powerful: Shazam or Superman?

In Fawcett comics, Captain Marvel was considered the "Earth's Mightiest Mortal". However ever since he was integrated into the DC Universe, DC has progressively sidelined him and lessened his capacity as a character, mainly in order to make him inferior to their "Mightiest Mortal", Superman. (There is an exceedingly interesting article about this topic that I will give the link to below*)

Anyway, who should be considered more powerful, The Big Red Cheese or The Man of Steel?

*https://www.comicscube.com/2010/10/s...ed-to.html?m=1
    Last edited by Timothy Hunter; 10-19-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Honestly, I think it should be Shazam, but the reason he may not be able to best Superman is because his childlike nature or mind holds him back from being on Superman’s level. I mean he has all powers that make him equal to Superman including a few added benefits from the gods as well as magic which Superman is weak to. So again I say Shazam.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Superman.

He was the first of the mainstream comic book super heroes. And that real status in actual world should get some “acknowledgement” in the fictional world he inhabits...he should get something that makes him stand out from the crowd. If you make others more powerful..I struggle to see what that is.

Oh...and it’s DC comics, not Fawcett comics.

In many ways questions like this are a reflection I think of DC cramming too many ultra-powerful characters on same story telling world. And bizarrely bringing back multi-verse...which I thought would be used to put fewer characters on each Earth..has actually been used to cram more characters onto same Earth.

Spectacular Member

I'm going to say Shazam. He's an immortal wizard. He'd just turn Supes into a frog or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    I'm going to say Shazam. He's an immortal wizard. He'd just turn Supes into a frog or something.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Honestly, I think they should be equal, in the sense that Superman is a bit stronger, but Captain Marvel/Shazam has fewer weaknesses.

I am also sick of pitting them against each other.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Exactly as strong as each other. Neither one is greater or weaker.

But they are on separate Earths, so each one gets to keep their title as Earth's Mightiest Hero and have it be 100% true. Putting them on the same Earth has never worked, they are both too big.

Boisterously Confused

This is one of those questions that should never be definitively answered.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    This is one of those questions that should never be definitively answered.
    Yeah, probably for the best.

Superman.

Shazam is always going to be DC's red-headed stepchild who doesn't fit in the DCU.

Truthfully, he should be at another publisher other than DC or Marvel. He'd do better there than in any shared universe of already-established unrelated superheroes.
    Last edited by daBronzeBomma; 10-20-2018 at 08:57 AM.

editorial will say Superman by default, and so....

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

In my head canon, it goes like this.

Superman has slightly better base stats (strength, speed, etc) but Shazam has magic.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    In my head canon, it goes like this.

Superman has slightly better base stats (strength, speed, etc) but Shazam has magic.
    He also lacks the weakness: Magic is his power source and kryptonite is just a (admittedly, radioactive) rock.

BANNED

Shazam should be more powerful.

Kon93

The gods have a upper limit to give powerwise to billy,superman can keep soaking up energy,and can theoretically dwarf Billy or anyone else if he needed too.

Superman isn't the mightiest mortal nor is he the fastest man alive,he isn't human,so he isnt on the same scale.