Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Default Luke Cage Canceled by Netflix

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/luk...ed-1202987278/

Could be due to viewership, or perhaps because Disney will be initiating their streaming service next year.

I believe Jessica Jones at least has a third season. It would be nice if maybe Luke shows up there.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Jessica Jones season 2 was trash. That should have been cancelled

Astonishing Member

All I can say is Luke Cage deserves another season on another platform. Its a good cast, I love the Harlem feel and soul they infused in the show. And one of the more diverse shows which I am all for

Amazing Member

Hulu would be the one stop shop for Marvel content
    The Runaways
    Iron Fist
    Luke Cage
    The Defenders

If Disney is planning it's own streaming service, I'm not sure they're going to bother shopping around their cancelled netflicks shows to Hulu though. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing it there (or anywhere else for that matter).

That sucks I was intrigued by where season 2 left off I don't know if Netflix has the rights to create new shows so I hope they don't cancel Defenders so we cans see Luke and Danny again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    That sucks I was intrigued by where season 2 left off I don't know if Netflix has the rights to create new shows so I hope they don't cancel Defenders so we cans see Luke and Danny again.
    I actually thought the ending of Lukes last season might be an interesting premise for the next Defenders movie. If Luke starts to go bad, it might take all the other Defenders to stop him.

Last Defenders didn't quite knock it out of the ball park, but I'm hoping they try again. If marvels netflicks shows are slowly ending, then a last season of Defenders to wrap things up would be nice. Give them all closure.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if they don't combine Luke and Danny for at least one season. Daredevil seems to be doing fine on its own and while I didn't care for Jessica Jones Season 2, that seems to have garnered at least more hype. Maybe it makes sense to consolidate a bit.

I have to wonder if we're seeing the beginning of the end for Marvel's Netflix shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have to wonder if we're seeing the beginning of the end for Marvel's Netflix shows.
    Disney announcing that it would have it's own streaming service might have been the beginning of the end for Marvels Netflix shows. Net Flixs essentially became a competitor at that point.

BANNED

This certainly feels like the end for Daredevil. It's like they've given up on interest this season. I just watched the fourth episode, and they seem to have added nothing. I could have skipped it and not felt of missed anything in the fifth episode.

I would think that Luke Cage was too successful not for this to be some sort of strategic move rather than as a sign of failure. Maybe it really is their way of saving Iron Fist.

Just a reminder that the premiere episode of Luke Cage broke Netflix, something no other show has done before or after.

So Jessica is next on the chopping block?

Power Man and Iron Fist show may work better than solo shows for either of them.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!