Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Default Luke Cage Canceled by Netflix

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/luk...ed-1202987278/

Could be due to viewership, or perhaps because Disney will be initiating their streaming service next year.

I believe Jessica Jones at least has a third season. It would be nice if maybe Luke shows up there.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Jessica Jones season 2 was trash. That should have been cancelled

Astonishing Member

All I can say is Luke Cage deserves another season on another platform. Its a good cast, I love the Harlem feel and soul they infused in the show. And one of the more diverse shows which I am all for

Amazing Member

Hulu would be the one stop shop for Marvel content
    The Runaways
    Iron Fist
    Luke Cage
    The Defenders

If Disney is planning it's own streaming service, I'm not sure they're going to bother shopping around their cancelled netflicks shows to Hulu though. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing it there (or anywhere else for that matter).

That sucks I was intrigued by where season 2 left off I don't know if Netflix has the rights to create new shows so I hope they don't cancel Defenders so we cans see Luke and Danny again.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Disney is planning it's own streaming service, I'm not sure they're going to bother shopping around their cancelled netflicks shows to Hulu though. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing it there (or anywhere else for that matter).
    Disney accusation of Fox means they own 60% of Hulu. I read a report a couple of months ago that Hulu will be the home for the Fox properties and mature content. If that's the plan then Hulu would be the best place for the canceled Netflix shows.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95
    Power Man and Iron Fist show may work better than solo shows for either of them.
    Completely disagree. The soul, music and the specific tone it goes for will all be lost if Iron Fist becomes a permanent fissure. Luke in netflix does not need Danny.

Mighty Member

Default Luke Cage (Netflix)

Sad to hear this show is being cancelled as I just started watching it, and I must say...(as someone who is purely a comic/animation fan, who finds superhero live action tv shows and movies to be less entertaining than a comic) I find that Luke Cage is undeniably a top notch quality show.

It is so creatively well done, and written, that I'm absolutely enthralled, and disappointed to hear that its been cancelled. I tip my hat to the creative team of the show, they did a fine job.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's a shame Luke Cage didn't make a bigger splash.

Mighty Member

Yes it always sucks when great pieces of art don't catch on, apparently there was a dispute over creative differences between the writers and Netflix, shame that.

I wouldn't call it a great piece of art but it was definitely the best of the marvel shows.

Mighty Member

Wow! I had not idea that back in 2008, Mr. Luke Cage threatened Donald Trump to get his... derriere back in his car...superhero indeed. (Provided where you stand on him politically of course)

https://i.imgur.com/CGtn5La.jpg