Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Luke Cage i felt was good all the way through especially with the soundtrack. Like somebody else said in another thread, I just think it was probably too culturally dense for some people.
    Had Luke Cage S1 stayed with Cottonmouth the entire season...it may have been the best one of any of the Netflix Marvel properties. The switch to Diamondback completely shifted the tone and quality of that season for the worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Had Luke Cage S1 stayed with Cottonmouth the entire season...it may have been the best one of any of the Netflix Marvel properties. The switch to Diamondback completely shifted the tone and quality of that season for the worse.
    Though I felt Diamondback was sort of a flop as a villain, at the same time I never bought Cotton Mouth as any sort of real credible threat to Cage. I think the show needed both elements to work. It's a shame one had to entirely replace the other though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Though I felt Diamondback was sort of a flop as a villain, at the same time I never bought Cotton Mouth as any sort of real credible threat to Cage. I think the show needed both elements to work. It's a shame one had to entirely replace the other though.
    That's fair, I do agree that they were going to have to do something to make him a more credible threat. I thought that's the direction they were going with the bullets and then - wham - we got his lame-ass brother.

Mighty Member

Default Luke Cage (Netflix)

Sad to hear this show is being cancelled as I just started watching it, and I must say...(as someone who is purely a comic/animation fan, who finds superhero live action tv shows and movies to be less entertaining than a comic) I find that Luke Cage is undeniably a top notch quality show.

It is so creatively well done, and written, that I'm absolutely enthralled, and disappointed to hear that its been cancelled. I tip my hat to the creative team of the show, they did a fine job.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's a shame Luke Cage didn't make a bigger splash.

Mighty Member

Yes it always sucks when great pieces of art don't catch on, apparently there was a dispute over creative differences between the writers and Netflix, shame that.

I wouldn't call it a great piece of art but it was definitely the best of the marvel shows.

Mighty Member

Wow! I had not idea that back in 2008, Mr. Luke Cage threatened Donald Trump to get his... derriere back in his car...superhero indeed. (Provided where you stand on him politically of course)

https://i.imgur.com/CGtn5La.jpg