Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Not to late for somebody to make a video of Luke & Danny turning to dust. I’m just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So Jessica is next on the chopping block?
    From what I understand Jessica Jones at least has a 3rd season. So it's relatively safe for now.

But I'm wondering if all the marvel Netflix shows aren't on thin ice.

Jessica Jone is filming it’s third season so it’s safe. They won’t cancel Punisher until after they release season 2 so it should be safe.

So that only leaves Daredevil

Ultimate Member

The deadline report said it could be creative differences and an inability to strike a deal.

This is sad. Cage’s second season was pretty good.

Niffleheim

Instead of Trash Day it's Trash Month lol! Netflix is decluttering. JJ and Punisher are next.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Disney announcing that it would have it's own streaming service might have been the beginning of the end for Marvels Netflix shows. Net Flixs essentially became a competitor at that point.
    If Disney restarts these shows i hope they don't get turned into endless joke fest like everything else they do.

At this point, it feels like the future of each of the shows left standing might be a toss up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Netflixverse ends up getting a soft reboot of some sort on Hulu in the (relatively) near future

I dunno if it's true (I doubt it but hopeful) but I keep hearing about a possible Heroes for Hire series.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

They're filming Season 3 now so it's probably save until that drops.

I really only watched Iron Fist and Luke Cage too, in fact those shows their second seasons were the only MCU content I watched this year. This sucks, I wonder if next week they will announce Jessica Jones's cancellation next?

The Netflix deal predates the success of Stranger Things and several other IPs that Netflix owns entirely. Coupled with the fact that Disney is going into a direction that intends to sideline Netflix entirely and, well, yeah, it looks like Netflix is shuttering their Marvel work. If they were doing a Heroes for Hire show I think they would have come out with it immediately as they are going to receive a ton of criticism for cancelling a PoC show.

I can't help but bring up the CW shows, which I don't watch, and think DC really hot it out of the park with that line. As cheesy and cheap as those shows are, they predate the Netflix series and will now almost certainly out live them.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Maybe the “creative differences” were about basically turning LCS3 into Heroes 4 Hire and whoever’s incharge didn’t want that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I really only watched Iron Fist and Luke Cage too, in fact those shows their second seasons were the only MCU content I watched this year. This sucks, I wonder if next week they will announce Jessica Jones's cancellation next?

The Netflix deal predates the success of Stranger Things and several other IPs that Netflix owns entirely. Coupled with the fact that Disney is going into a direction that intends to sideline Netflix entirely and, well, yeah, it looks like Netflix is shuttering their Marvel work. If they were doing a Heroes for Hire show I think they would have come out with it immediately as they are going to receive a ton of criticism for cancelling a PoC show.

I can't help but bring up the CW shows, which I don't watch, and think DC really hot it out of the park with that line. As cheesy and cheap as those shows are, they predate the Netflix series and will now almost certainly out live them.
    I like the CW shows but they're on CW which a hit for them would be considered a failure by another network case in point is Supergirl. But no one is going to come close to reaching their record though, DC has been on CW since Day one with Smallville predating it having been introduced on the old WB Network.

While It sucks Disney isn't going to help it competition and Netflix has a deal Mark Millar for superhero stuff. I think both sides are ready to move on and the Netflix shows while good aren't ground breaking.

All the shows basically have the same tone it is not like Luke Cage ever real felt like a blackploition show or Iron Fist like a Kung Fu show or Jessica Jones like a detective drama. They all are shows that are kind of dark, with the heroes who are kinda broken which is more dd, jessica jones and punisher. Iron Fist need to be more light and fun, Cage had the right tone then bounced back and forth between the dreary darkness. I thought Cage was good enough to stay around but it is not like I am was dying for the next season to come out.

Plus Marvel has opportunities to tie the tv shows and movies closer and never did it. If Daredevil and Netflix crew was in Avengers 3 small cameo and made small mention in their shows.Wouldn't they at least get a boost in ratings?

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    If Disney restarts these shows i hope they don't get turned into endless joke fest like everything else they do.
    Good luck with that