Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    While It sucks Disney isn't going to help it competition and Netflix has a deal Mark Millar for superhero stuff. I think both sides are ready to move on and the Netflix shows while good aren't ground breaking.

All the shows basically have the same tone it is not like Luke Cage ever real felt like a blackploition show or Iron Fist like a Kung Fu show or Jessica Jones like a detective drama. They all are shows that are kind of dark, with the heroes who are kinda broken which is more dd, jessica jones and punisher. Iron Fist need to be more light and fun, Cage had the right tone then bounced back and forth between the dreary darkness. I thought Cage was good enough to stay around but it is not like I am was dying for the next season to come out.

Plus Marvel has opportunities to tie the tv shows and movies closer and never did it. If Daredevil and Netflix crew was in Avengers 3 small cameo and made small mention in their shows.Wouldn't they at least get a boost in ratings?
    I felt like their tones was adequate, especially Luke Cage in season 2. I did like IF season 2, but I can understand people being frustrated with what they did with the mythology. Either way I was definitely looking forward to seeing season 3 of Luke Cage.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 10-20-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    I felt like their tones was adequate, especially Luke Cage in season 2. I did like IF season 2, but I can understand people being frustrated with what they did with the mythology. Either way I was definitely looking forward to seeing season 3 of Luke Cage.
    Let's see If I can explain it better because I thought Iron Fist season 2 and Luke Cage are good enough but the point I am trying to bring across is the shows aren't different enough.

Tommorow Netflix could announce Marvel Knights and say they are merging all the Marvel properties and don't think anyone would be too upset. Tones were fine but all stayed in a similar enough space that they could be merged with no issue but lets say enter the badlands and daredevil was to be merged,Regardless of the quality of Enter the badlands it is uniquely doing something as show that would be missed by people.

Liking a characters is enough reason to have different shows around but all the CW DC shows are about same tone and Netflix Marvel shows were about samething. Where as Legion and The Gifted are different things or Runways ,Agents of Shield and Daredevil feel like different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    Instead of Trash Day it's Trash Month lol! Netflix is decluttering.
    If that was the case, 80% of their original programming would be cancelled
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

While It sucks Disney isn't going to help it competition and Netflix has a deal Mark Millar for superhero stuff. I think both sides are ready to move on and the Netflix shows while good aren't ground breaking.

All the shows basically have the same tone it is not like Luke Cage ever real felt like a blackploition show or Iron Fist like a Kung Fu show or Jessica Jones like a detective drama. They all are shows that are kind of dark, with the heroes who are kinda broken which is more dd, jessica jones and punisher. Iron Fist need to be more light and fun, Cage had the right tone then bounced back and forth between the dreary darkness. I thought Cage was good enough to stay around but it is not like I am was dying for the next season to come out.

Plus Marvel has opportunities to tie the tv shows and movies closer and never did it. If Daredevil and Netflix crew was in Avengers 3 small cameo and made small mention in their shows.Wouldn't they at least get a boost in ratings?
    I feel this is very inaccurate. Luke Cage was never as dark as JJ or Punisher and Daredevil and Iron Fist still were closer to being more optimistic than those two. Luke Cage was a blacksploitation show with a more modern bent and JJ's entire two seasons were all about mysteries. These shows tackled themes and subject matter that very few superhero shows are willing to touch and on a scale that's never been seen before.

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Let's see If I can explain it better because I thought Iron Fist season 2 and Luke Cage are good enough but the point I am trying to bring across is the shows aren't different enough.

Tommorow Netflix could announce Marvel Knights and say they are merging all the Marvel properties and don't think anyone would be too upset. Tones were fine but all stayed in a similar enough space that they could be merged with no issue but lets say enter the badlands and daredevil was to be merged,Regardless of the quality of Enter the badlands it is uniquely doing something as show that would be missed by people.

Liking a characters is enough reason to have different shows around but all the CW DC shows are about same tone and Netflix Marvel shows were about samething. Where as Legion and The Gifted are different things or Runways ,Agents of Shield and Daredevil feel like different things.
    I would argue that's the case with the MCU movies too if we're being honest.

Hoping for either Heroes for Hire or a Disney pickup because I loved LC2.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

The Marvel Netflix deal was for Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders to do Punisher Netflix had to get the ok from Marvel/Disney. Truth is next year Netflix and Disney go from partners to competitors Disney will not only be directly making Marvel TV Shows but they'll be on their Steaming Service for those reasons I can't see Disney allowing Marvel TV to sign off on any new Netflix Marvel Shows.

But if Defenders isn't cancelled they could use that for Heroes for Hire or Daughters of the Dragon type shows.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-20-2018 at 08:00 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Disney is planning it's own streaming service, I'm not sure they're going to bother shopping around their cancelled netflicks shows to Hulu though. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing it there (or anywhere else for that matter).
    Disney accusation of Fox means they own 60% of Hulu. I read a report a couple of months ago that Hulu will be the home for the Fox properties and mature content. If that's the plan then Hulu would be the best place for the canceled Netflix shows.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95
    Power Man and Iron Fist show may work better than solo shows for either of them.
    Completely disagree. The soul, music and the specific tone it goes for will all be lost if Iron Fist becomes a permanent fissure. Luke in netflix does not need Danny.

BANNED

Meh

Outside of Daredevil and The Punisher, I never had much interest in the “Netflix MCU” anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Disney accusation of Fox means they own 60% of Hulu. I read a report a couple of months ago that Hulu will be the home for the Fox properties and mature content. If that's the plan then Hulu would be the best place for the canceled Netflix shows.

Completely disagree. The soul, music and the specific tone it goes for will all be lost if Iron Fist becomes a permanent fissure. Luke in netflix does not need Danny.
    Hmmm... if Disney already owns 60% of Hulu, almost makes you wonder why they are even bothering to create their own streaming network. Seems easier to just buy the remaining 40% of Hulu.

But anyways, if it creates a safety net for cancelled Net Flix shows, I'd be down with that.

Hmmm... if Disney already owns 60% of Hulu, almost makes you wonder why they are even bothering to create their own streaming network. Seems easier to just buy the remaining 40% of Hulu.

But anyways, if it creates a safety net for cancelled Net Flix shows, I'd be down with that.
    It's pretty simple. Disney having it's own service means they get the whole pie and not a big piece of it. Why make some of the money when you can have all the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It's pretty simple. Disney having it's own service means they get the whole pie and not a big piece of it. Why make some of the money when you can have all the money?
    That's what I sort of mean by trying to buy the rest of Hulu. If they get the other 40%, they get the whole pie.

That's what I sort of mean by trying to buy the rest of Hulu. If they get the other 40%, they get the whole pie.
    Other media conglomerates own the rest. I doubt Comcast and AT&T will sell their shares to Disney.

Cheaper probably to start their own the owners of the other 40% could demand a lot knowing Disney would want it they're already causing waves over Disney owning the 60%.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Good imho. Season 2 of Iron Fist was way better than season 2 of Luke Cage, but i would imagine this is due to have both shows combined rather than be related to the numbers at all.

A combo show would be very odd though given how both shows left off with Luke a Kingpin and Danny depowered. There isn't too much story to do in a action packed show though, but I imagine it would take way more budget than Netflix has the stomach for.