Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Afterlife With Archie.....WOW!

I don't know how I have been missing this series all these years but I just read the first couple issues and I am hooked!
    this has to be one of the best comics I have read in I don't even know when. I am reading the collected edition and plan to catch up to the current issue.
    Is this a monthly or a bi-monthly series?
    It is so cool to see familiar characters from my childhood in such a totally different way. Mind blown.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandmountainslim View Post
    I don't know how I have been missing this series all these years but I just read the first couple issues and I am hooked!
    this has to be one of the best comics I have read in I don't even know when. I am reading the collected edition and plan to catch up to the current issue.
    Is this a monthly or a bi-monthly series?
    It is so cool to see familiar characters from my childhood in such a totally different way. Mind blown.
    Its not really monthly or bi-monthly. Its kind of a comes out when it wants to kind of book.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Its not really monthly or bi-monthly. Its kind of a comes out when it wants to kind of book.
    Well that's a bummer but since I am so far behind I can catch up before the next issue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sandmountainslim View Post
    Well that's a bummer but since I am so far behind I can catch up before the next issue
    You are really not that far behind, there are only 10 issues. 10 issues in about 3 years. This should tell you how long it takes between issues.

You should also try the series Chilling adventure of Sabrina (or just Sabrina depending of the solicits). It is set in a different "universe", but it is by the same writer and as good.
    It help for the wait between two issues of Afterlife even so it is just as much irregular in its schedule.

Check to see if your local library uses Hoopla.
    I just noticed the other day that Archie is now offered.

They're missing a few issues of Afterlife but all the issues of Sabrina, including the most recent one, are up.

Edit: I looked again and it appears they're missing issues #6-9 of Afterlife. They have the digital TPB, which reprints #1-5, and then the single issue of #10. So together, it would count as two checkouts for the month.

Oh, and btw... if you like Sabrina, I would also recommend Dynamite's Dark Shadows series.
    Unfortunately, it's not available on Hoopla. But it is on Comixology and not very expensive as it's older (it ran from 2011-2013).
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 09-30-2016 at 01:26 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    You should also try the series Chilling adventure of Sabrina (or just Sabrina depending of the solicits). It is set in a different "universe", but it is by the same writer and as good.
    It help for the wait between two issues of Afterlife even so it is just as much irregular in its schedule.
    It may actually be beneficial for Archie to relaunch them as one series, Archie Horror, that alternates with each arc.
    It could possibly even go bi-monthly with a new third feature, by a different writer, running in the back of each issue to give it an anchor for issue-to-issue readers. It would take some pressure off of Aguirre-Sacasa, with him only having to write six comics a year, and Afterlife's popularity could give the new feature an instant audience.
    Between Afterlife and Sabrina, there's been sixteen issues in three years... that would match up pretty well and avoid the bad image of delays.

Then when Aguirre-Sacasa has more time, they could launch three separate titles back out of it.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-07-2016 at 04:25 PM.

I don't read Archie. However, this Afterlife & Sabrina is pure dynamite win. Really, really good stuff.

The Archie Horror comics are on sale on Comixology thru Halloween for 99-cents each.
    This includes all issues, even the most recent ones.

Did issues #11 and #12 of Afterlife With Archie ever come out yet?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did issues #11 and #12 of Afterlife With Archie ever come out yet?
    Nope. As far as I can see its slated for december. But I will have to see it before I belive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    Nope. As far as I can see its slated for december. But I will have to see it before I belive it.
    December of this year?

Previeworld still as entries for issue #11 and issue #12 saying
    In Shops: Dec 28, 2016

True story.

Oh hell, when did the last issue even come out? 2013? Honestly asking, I have no idea.

I loved this book, but I won't be buying any future issues. They're not dedicated to it, so why should I be?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Oh hell, when did the last issue even come out? 2013? Honestly asking, I have no idea.
    It looks like issue #10 came out in August 2016 (with 18,450 copies ordered by stores from Diamond according to Comichron).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    December of this year?

Previeworld still as entries for issue #11 and issue #12 saying
    True story.
    Well I was going with the date on comixology which says december 27 2017.
    But who knows.