Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Supposedly DC is suppose to be doing something about that, with popular thinking being that Doomsday Cluck will reveal all the answers.

We'll just have to see how all that works out in the end . . . [/SIZE]
    Im actually expecting the JSA's (and Legion's) return in the Crisis that Clock is setting up.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I think Jason Todd shoud be retired. Out of all of the Robin's, and the Bat-family as whole, I would consider him the most expendable, in my opinion. He was more useful dead than alive, as a character in my opinion. They never should have resurrected him to begin with.
    That argument had some merit to it in 2003-2005, when Jason first returned and his viability as an ongoing character was far from assured. In the fifteen years since Jason's return, however, he has been an absolutely stunning and pleasant surprise in terms of becoming perhaps the textbook example of a character who was originally unpopular, killed off, resurrected, and improbably rehabilitated to achieve completely unexpected popularity. As the Red Hood, Jason has become more popular of a character than he ever was as Robin, either dead or alive, and is now among the more popular characters in Batman's extended supporting cast. The story of Jason Todd's revival is really among the more remarkable I've seen.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Seems like stupid business strategy to retire a character so profitable it's one of the 4 pillars carrying DC. Especially right now when she is the singular most popular comic character to connect with young kids who will form the future generations of consumers.
    Yeah...personal distaste shouldn't dictate policy. Some character is *always* going to be somebody's favorite character, even if he isn't yours, and what goes around comes around. Moreover, it's pretty easy to dodge the characters you don't care reading about; no point in denying that character to other fans and creators.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, the JSA hasn't been around for years now, so I think so it's fair to say they've been "retired" for a while. But no, I don't think characters should be retired, if anything I think DC should actually use more of their characters that have been underutilized, as opposed to keep creating more new characters and watering down franchises that already have too many characters in the first place.
    Like the Green Lantern franchise? That I agree with.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Yeah...personal distaste shouldn't dictate policy. Some character is *always* going to be somebody's favorite character, even if he isn't yours, and what goes around comes around. Moreover, it's pretty easy to dodge the characters you don't care reading about; no point in denying that character to other fans and creators.

Heh. I'm pretty sure anybody wanting to retire Bruce or Clark wouldn't say so during the job interview for a top DC management position.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, if replacing him on multiple occasions, making him a villain, killing him off a bunch of times and giving him a crappy movie didn't put that guy down, I'm not sure what will.

Damn, that mustache is something else.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-23-2018 at 05:23 PM.

Just a reminder but let's stay away from insulting writers & and artist.

Don't want any of us to get ban
    Last edited by Flashback; 10-23-2018 at 05:22 PM.

That DC logo is perfect.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

By the way, I did not create this image.

Back in 2013, Bleeding Cool apparently had a competition where people made changes to an image DC/DiDio had posted:

I just happened to stumble across that original image doing a google image search for him, and then when I opened the link I found . . . more interesting options.

By the way, I did not create this image.

Back in 2013, Bleeding Cool apparently had a competition where people made changes to an image DC/DiDio had posted:

I just happened to stumble across that original image doing a google image search for him, and then when I opened the link I found . . . more interesting options.
    "DC Comics R 4 Squares" hurt because I was laughing so hard.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The silver age characters should have been retired a long time ago similar to how they supplanted the golden age.

that is a misunderstanding of Comics History..... Read Howard Chaykin's... Hey Kids! Comics!

Superhero comics died in the post war years and where further killed by government censorship.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I think Jason Todd shoud be retired.
    No- he should be dead for 20 years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I never cared for Simon as a Green Lantern. I think he would've been compelling in any title so just give him a new mantke to wear.
    maybe he can be the new Robin

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Captain Atom. DC seems like they have no idea this character exists anymore and he really doesn't add much to the DCU but I say he should retire because he gives me Steve Roger vibes and I think he would fit better in a position of authority then being a hero. He can still have his powers but probably work in the white house or with some government operation.