Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    If you get rid of Donna Troy, then Wonder Woman will have fewer supporting cast then she already does.
    Donna is barely a Wonder Woman character and she's her sister.

Man how does DC screwing her over? It's incredible.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Depends on which version of Donna's origin(s) you're going with as to if/how biologically related they are (or aren't).

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Depends on which version of Donna's origin(s) you're going with as to if/how biologically related they are (or aren't).
    They’ve never been biologically related. Donna is adopted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Let's also not forget the original purpose of Tim Drake: to replace Jason Todd (who had in turn replaced Dick Grayson). With Jason back and Damian present, it really does put Tim in an odd spot.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Dick, Jason and Tim have graduated from being Robin. They each had distinct identities and served different functions. I especially liked the direction Tim had been taken in before The New 52 hit. But since then he has been marginalized significantly. Wally West proved himself as The Flash. But DC missed the boat by not giving him a new identity that was all his own with Rebirth. Now, because they only want Barry as THE Flash, he is back in limbo.

They are always sisters in the sense that they are Amazonian sisters. But yeah she is her actual sister and has been since her creation. Sometimes biological then adopted then back to whatever she is now. By biological I mean created by Hippolyta since magic clay and what not.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Man how does DC screwing her over? It's incredible.
    Honestly, the entire WW franchise has been screwed over by DC. Writers constantly change Diana's supporting cast, underuse the existing members and can't decide if the Amazons are a female utopia or evil matriarchy.

Donna's situation can easily be fixed. Make her Diana's sister(by adoption or blood)and throw everything else out.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    They’ve never been biologically related. Donna is adopted.
    They are always sisters in the sense that they are Amazonian sisters. But yeah she is her actual sister and has been since her creation. Sometimes biological then adopted then back to whatever she is now. By biological I mean created by Hippolyta since magic clay and what not.
    I seem to remember Wonder Girl's stories started as Wonder Girl being the adventures of Wonder Woman when she was younger (same as Wonder Tot was), then when they added "Wonder Girl" to the Teen Titans back in the 1960s they then had to make the two separate characters. So she became an orphan infant found in the middle of a burning building by Wonder Woman who brought the infant to Paradise Island where she was raised.
    Then there was Wonder Girl's post-CoIE "Troia" phase, where since she had now been a member of the Teen Titans prior to Wonder Woman ever coming to "Man's World" she was instead rescued from the fire by one of the gods (Rhea) from Greek mythology and raised on New Cronus which is how Donna gained her powers and abilities.
    And when John Byrne was writing Wonder Woman, he changed Donna's origin AGAIN, making Donna a mirror-image of Diana to be Diana's friend when she was younger, only to be captured by the Dark Angel and forgotten by the other Amazons.
    After that, there were further changes/retcons to that story, especially after the changes to Diana's history in Infinite Crisis and then the New52.
    It really just became a colossal mess every time somebody tried to "fix" things.

Yeah, Donna's a whole mess. She's the editorial glitch that just won't go away.

However, I did like the notion post-Infinite Crisis that Dark Angel had been manipulating Donna's history across the multiverse. It sort of explained all the inconsistencies and broken continuities with Donna by making those problems part of her active narrative, and set her up to assume the Harbinger mantle. I think that was probably the best solution we're ever going to get for Donna's f-ed up history. It "fixed" her origin as much as it's probably ever going to be fixed without throwing everything out and pretending it never happened (which never works because fanboys refuse to forget and move on, myself included) and it gave her a role in the DCU that she could claim as her own.

Donna Troy, the woman who could never figure out where she came from, protecting all the possibilities and realities of the multiverse seems like a perfect fit to me......sadly DC moved away from that set-up as quickly as they established it, so Donna could go back to questioning who she is and being part of a team that hasn't mattered in thirty years. SMH.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ironically i think the new 52 could have with Donna's origins as they could have just streamlined it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, Donna's a whole mess. She's the editorial glitch that just won't go away.

However, I did like the notion post-Infinite Crisis that Dark Angel had been manipulating Donna's history across the multiverse. It sort of explained all the inconsistencies and broken continuities with Donna by making those problems part of her active narrative, and set her up to assume the Harbinger mantle. I think that was probably the best solution we're ever going to get for Donna's f-ed up history. It "fixed" her origin as much as it's probably ever going to be fixed without throwing everything out and pretending it never happened (which never works because fanboys refuse to forget and move on, myself included) and it gave her a role in the DCU that she could claim as her own.

Donna Troy, the woman who could never figure out where she came from, protecting all the possibilities and realities of the multiverse seems like a perfect fit to me......sadly DC moved away from that set-up as quickly as they established it, so Donna could go back to questioning who she is and being part of a team that hasn't mattered in thirty years. SMH.
    I think as far as Donna is concerned, people would be happy to simplify her down and throw stuff out. It would be for the good of the character, she has become such an enormous pain in the ass and it's not her fault.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ironically i think the new 52 could have with Donna's origins as they could have just streamlined it.
    It blows my mind that they had two golden opprtinities to fix Donna in short succession, and somehow screwed her up even more. Like...they had to have done it deliberately.

Uh, she's been an active reporter for a while now while also being the mother of a super-child. It's not like she's the parent of a small baby. She didn't just become a mother (at least in terms of her life in the comic book stories).
    My reasoning isn't that she has a kid to take care of.

Mine would be that she can get paid and she is someone who to me wants to be at the top of her game which is being the head honcho.

Donna would have worked if they made her try to figure out who she was. I liked the New 52 origin cause it brings up a lot of potential stories.