Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I think Jason Todd shoud be retired. Out of all of the Robin's, and the Bat-family as whole, I would consider him the most expendable, in my opinion. He was more useful dead than alive, as a character in my opinion. They never should have resurrected him to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Not everything has to be saved
    It took me a long time to accept that, but you're right.

I do like seeing a good writer tackle a bad character though. It's always fun to see the struggle and reinvention.

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Barry Allen. There was no reason for him to come back in the first place. Wally had already surpassed him. If it wasn't for Dan and Geoff's nostalgia he would not be back. The most heroic death in comics should not have been undone.
    I've come to really enjoy Barry and I think he adds a lot to the mythos, but I do think the franchise might've lost more than it gained with his return. Now that he's back though, I don't think we could (or should) get rid of him again. He's here, he offers a lot as a character, there's no need to throw it out again. What we do need is to get the rest of the franchise functioning again, because the Flash is a lot bigger than just Barry Allen. Barry should have been folded into the larger Flash family when he returned, not replace it completely.

I'd probably retire some GL's, there are just way too many of them.
    Yeah, I gotta agree. There just doesn't seem to be room for them all.

My first preference is for a few of them to join other Corps. Guy never should have left the Reds in the first place, and I think Kyle would work well as a Blue. But I wouldn't be against a serious re-shuffling of the deck either, with some of them written out completely, retiring to supporting character status, finding other heroic roles to fill, or whatever. Each of the Lanterns are solid characters with fans, but it doesn't seem like DC can manage to squeeze them all in comfortably, so we might as well do something about that.

I'd probably thin out the Bat family a bit, Duke and Harper can go. I'd pull Azrael out and return the character to his roots.
    Harper Row is already out of the game, I think. Last I knew she wasn't wearing the costume and was just working as an electrician or something. She shows up every now and then as a supporting character, but she's retired.

I do miss classic Azreal. He was one of the best things to come from the 90's.

I disagree about Duke though. As the only metahuman member of the Bat-Clan he's filling a unique niche; he's actually less redundant than most of the Bat kids. And as the daytime protector of Gotham, he's opening up a side of the city that is rarely seen and rarely utilized.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-23-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I never cared for Simon as a Green Lantern. I think he would've been compelling in any title so just give him a new mantke to wear.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    LOL by the looks of it your the ones who are hurt it's an opinion thread dont like it then move on
    you gotta learn to lighten up Francis. It was a joke.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

I'd probably put the legacy characters on hold as they need a massive rethinking/rebranding. I dont mind the idea of legacy characters but i don't need them to be so identical or interchangeable. I rather give them more of a chance to stabd on their own than be stuck in the shadows of the original holder or the editorial preference.
    In a lot of ways I agree with you. I feel that there is a lot of homogeneity in terms of the Titans and Young Justice generation. I also that DC has no idea what the hell to do with these characters.

not really, but I'll just say Joker because everyone is thinking it.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    not really, but I'll just say Joker because everyone is thinking it.
    Which one(s)?

BANNED

you gotta learn to lighten up Francis. It was a joke
    Then you need to go to a comedy school cuz you're not funny

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    He was more useful dead than alive, as a character in my opinion.
    Useful to who? Being a source of manpain for Batman which the Waynes were already created for that reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Do you feel there are any DC characters, who are so worn out and overexposed that they don't have any more stories left in them? So much so that they need to be retired or killed off?
    The assumption about no more stories is erroneous. You or I might not be able to find a good use for a particular character in the current DCU. But a writer or editor could come up with something we wouldn't have. It's their job, after all.

Ultimately, publishers determine what stories to put out. If they publish 15 issues of Harley Quinn per month, or only one Flash book, or no Flash at all - so be it. I will buy what interests me, and everyone else hopefully does the same.

The point: There's an audience for things we don't want. But we're not obligated to buy, so it doesn't really impact us. We should accept diversity of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    Harley Quinn could do with a long long rest.
    Seems like stupid business strategy to retire a character so profitable it's one of the 4 pillars carrying DC. Especially right now when she is the singular most popular comic character to connect with young kids who will form the future generations of consumers.

Well, the JSA hasn't been around for years now, so I think so it's fair to say they've been "retired" for a while. But no, I don't think characters should be retired, if anything I think DC should actually use more of their characters that have been underutilized, as opposed to keep creating more new characters and watering down franchises that already have too many characters in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Well, the JSA hasn't been around for years now, so I think so it's fair to say they've been "retired" for a while.
    Supposedly DC is suppose to be doing something about that, with popular thinking being that Doomsday Cluck will reveal all the answers.

We'll just have to see how all that works out in the end . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Supposedly DC is suppose to be doing something about that, with popular thinking being that Doomsday Cluck will reveal all the answers.

We'll just have to see how all that works out in the end . . .
    Lol Doomsday Cluck.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Hal Jordan. Give him Kilowog spot and have an actual interesting lantern lead the franchise.
    Well, if replacing him on multiple occasions, making him a villain, killing him off a bunch of times and giving him a crappy movie didn't put that guy down, I'm not sure what will.