43 43.88%
  • Cyclops, Warpath, Polaris

17 17.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    but she was back up thereafter. and magic still wasnt able to do what storm under her own abilities could. her collapsing doesnt take away from what magik couldnt do. it would have killed magik storm simply nearly fainted.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-23-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but she was back up thereafter. and magic still wasnt able to do what storm under her own abilities could. her collapsing doesnt take away from what magik couldnt do. it would have killed magik storm simply nearly fainted.
    Storm didn't do it all herself. She didn't find the path to get them back, Magik did. She kept the power fueling Magik's spell from overwhelming her, but it was Magik's spell and Magik who used that power to get them to Limbo.

And we don't know what the end result would have been had Magik continued to do it herself. Storm made the decision that using 2 people was safer than using just 1, but Magik said she was close before that. Could she have succeeded on her own? Maybe, maybe not. In fact, Storm helped direct the power for less time than Magik was channeling it, and Magik didn't collapse. She had enough strength left to take a ton of punishment from the world eater and still get back up.

And Storm didn't contribute to the fight. She collapsed and shouted once about the school, and that was it. Helping get them back was a big contribution in and of it self, but that was all she did. Making sure Illyana - the only only one who could defeat the world eater - was still in a condition to fight Sapna may indeed have made all the difference.

The most accurate description of what happened is that Magik channeled the power through Storm to better direct the spell, not that Storm was channeling the energy herself.

Perhaps future rounds should simply be the single choice poll and no comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Both went down and got back up. Its like you guys are blinded.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Storm didn't do it all herself. She didn't find the path to get them back, Magik did. She kept the power fueling Magik's spell from overwhelming her, but it was Magik's spell and Magik who used that power to get them to Limbo.

And we don't know what the end result would have been had Magik continued to do it herself. Storm made the decision that using 2 people was safer than using just 1, but Magik said she was close before that. Could she have succeeded on her own? Maybe, maybe not. In fact, Storm helped direct the power for less time than Magik was channeling it, and Magik didn't collapse. She had enough strength left to take a ton of punishment from the world eater and still get back up.

And Storm didn't contribute to the fight. She collapsed and shouted once about the school, and that was it. Helping get them back was a big contribution in and of it self, but that was all she did. Making sure Illyana - the only only one who could defeat the world eater - was still in a condition to fight Sapna may indeed have made all the difference.

The most accurate description of what happened is that Magik channeled the power through Storm to better direct the spell, not that Storm was channeling the energy herself.

i never said she did it all by herself though. this feat was more a testament to her latent magical abilities that demonstrate her raw powers (or well to channel magic) exceeds that of Magik. That was my only initial point, not that Storm did everything herself.

And we do know what the end result would have been and that would be her dying. Storm told the mystics to stop as they were killing her:

And no Magik would not have succeeded on her own which is why she had to lean on Storm to open the portal.

And i never said Storm contributed to the fight or did anything relevant in the fight as that was never the point I was making. Again, I was making the point that Storm has more raw power than Magik and she would make short work of Magik because of this.

And your last statement is fair enough though i don't believe I ever said she channeled the energy herself but that it was channeled through her whereas Magik was not able to channel it through her being.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Both went down and got back up. Its like you guys are blinded.
    my point was never about what occurred after the magic was channeled through storm so why would i even focus on who got up or didnt? (which by the way Magik never collapsed after opening the portal as she couldn't do it as the scans demonstrate).

my point and only point was that Storm was able to channel magical powers from mystics that Magik was not able to as if she tried any further than what she did she would have died.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Perhaps future rounds should simply be the single choice poll and no comments.
    We can never do fun things.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Polaris' & Dazzler's teams for the win! The combo of Sean & Ali is being SERIOUSLY underestimated, as even alone, they're MAJOR threats. But together, WHOA, look out!x!

It's interesting to note, that most the last men standing... would be women. The way I see it, the more powerful who would & should likely make it through to the final round, are:

Rachel
    Dazzler
    Banshee
    Danger
    Magik
    Storm
    Havok
    Jean Grey
    Polaris

I think there's arguments to be made for Rogue, Emma Frost, & Bishop also, in a tactical sense.
    Why Havok and not include Firestar? She has some beastly feats using her powers including scrambling TP.

Pretty sure this belongs in Comicbook Rumbles.
    Also, Emma Frost, Danger, and Magik murderstomp.
    DC, please give Jonah Hex a new solo.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

My breakdown of each team...

Jubilee, Rogue, Rachel- Jubes is pretty much a non-factor, Rogue and Rachel are the fire power. Not too many here can shut down Rogue physically, and Rachel can psi-shield her as long as she needs to plow through teams. If she loses Rachel and comes up against any of these high-power telepaths, it’s night, night.

Gambit, X-23, Firestar- Gambit and X-23 are super stealthy. Gambit has protection against psi-attacks but has normal human durability. If sticking to the shadows fails, he’ll be left with little more than to fight. In a straight up one-on-one, there aren’t more than 2 that would last long, but there are a lot of big guns. Firestar could give air support and X-23 is basically unkillable, but she can be restrained. This team would have to stick together and fight without attracting too much attention. Firestar’s out first. Big target

Dazzler, Beast, Banshee- Dazzler and Banshee are the big guns on here, though neither of them are really all that skilled in hand to hand combat. If this was AoA Dazzler, I’d be more confident, but the way she uses her powers in 616 isnt all that impressive. Beast’s bes aspect is his mind but outside of a lab he’s not all that useful in a brawl like this. Beast is out first, and the other two don’t last long against the brawlers and telepaths.

Emma Frost, Danger, Magik- This is one of the better teams. Emma can switch between psi-attacks and going into defense while Danger and Magik wreak havoc on the battlefield. They are so powerful they can stand in the center of the action and just take on teams without fear of taking a lot of damage. Magik and Danger are immune to telepathic attack and we know Emma can handle herself on that front just fine. Only thing is, Magik and Emma both have only human durability with their guards down. If Emma is caught using her telepathy (she can only do that outside of her diamond form), she down, Magik can be physically overwhelmed or out-fox as she’s often overly aggressive and can be arrogant. I say she drops first due to human error, followed by Emma.

Bishop, Wolverine, Nightcrawler- I call them team sponge and friend. Wolverine will just keep coming. He won’t stay down from a telepathic attack and physical damage can be shrugged off. Bishop can absorb just about all forms of energy including psionic. Nightcrawler can take them off of the field to safety and regroup, which is the worst thing you can do when facing a tactician like Bishop and an unstoppable physical threat like Wolverine. Neither one is unbeatable and can be restrained and over-taxed by the bigger power teams. I say someone target’s Nightcrawler, puts him down leaving these two out in the open. Bishop goes down first, Wolverine doesn’t last with all the attention.

Storm, Colossus, Archangel- Archangel can savage, but he isn’t all that much of a threat to some of these teams with telepaths. He can be shut down or turned against his team. If Storm can stay above the fray hurling lightning bolts and beating everyone down with wind, ice, water and the such, she’d probably be hard to deal with. If she can maintain an electric-static around herself it should disrupt telepathic attacks and stay out of range of most physical attacks Colossus, doesn’t last long, but takes out several other members of teams due to his toughness, but hes not invulnerable. He goes down first, but this team simply lasts long. Has a good chance to win, but nowhere near unbeatable.

Havok, Psylocke, Jean Grey- This team has too much defense and offense. Probably the highest chance of winning. Havok is a powerhouse with lots of tactical skill. Jean is Jean, could probably just stand in the middle of the battlefield and maintain a telekinetic bubble and wait for everyone to take each other out. At that point, she, Havok and Remender-buffed Psylocke proceed to thrash the leftovers.

Cyclops, Warpath, Polaris- Outside of Cyclops’ leadership, this team doesn’t last long, but they win two or three engagements due to teamwork. They thin the herd but are ultimately defeated. Warpath is the first to go due having to need to get in too close to fight. Too many powerhouses for his powerset to be overly useful in something like this. Cyclops lasts the longest as the other two would probably go down protecting his back.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

Jubilee, Rogue, Rachel- Jubes is pretty much a non-factor, Rogue and Rachel are the fire power. Not too many here can shut down Rogue physically, and Rachel can psi-shield her as long as she needs to plow through teams. If she loses Rachel and comes up against any of these high-power telepaths, it’s night, night.

Gambit, X-23, Firestar- Gambit and X-23 are super stealthy. Gambit has protection against psi-attacks but has normal human durability. If sticking to the shadows fails, he’ll be left with little more than to fight. In a straight up one-on-one, there aren’t more than 2 that would last long, but there are a lot of big guns. Firestar could give air support and X-23 is basically unkillable, but she can be restrained. This team would have to stick together and fight without attracting too much attention. Firestar’s out first. Big target

Dazzler, Beast, Banshee- Dazzler and Banshee are the big guns on here, though neither of them are really all that skilled in hand to hand combat. If this was AoA Dazzler, I’d be more confident, but the way she uses her powers in 616 isnt all that impressive. Beast’s bes aspect is his mind but outside of a lab he’s not all that useful in a brawl like this. Beast is out first, and the other two don’t last long against the brawlers and telepaths.

Emma Frost, Danger, Magik- This is one of the better teams. Emma can switch between psi-attacks and going into defense while Danger and Magik wreak havoc on the battlefield. They are so powerful they can stand in the center of the action and just take on teams without fear of taking a lot of damage. Magik and Danger are immune to telepathic attack and we know Emma can handle herself on that front just fine. Only thing is, Magik and Emma both have only human durability with their guards down. If Emma is caught using her telepathy (she can only do that outside of her diamond form), she down, Magik can be physically overwhelmed or out-fox as she’s often overly aggressive and can be arrogant. I say she drops first due to human error, followed by Emma.

Bishop, Wolverine, Nightcrawler- I call them team sponge and friend. Wolverine will just keep coming. He won’t stay down from a telepathic attack and physical damage can be shrugged off. Bishop can absorb just about all forms of energy including psionic. Nightcrawler can take them off of the field to safety and regroup, which is the worst thing you can do when facing a tactician like Bishop and an unstoppable physical threat like Wolverine. Neither one is unbeatable and can be restrained and over-taxed by the bigger power teams. I say someone target’s Nightcrawler, puts him down leaving these two out in the open. Bishop goes down first, Wolverine doesn’t last with all the attention.

Storm, Colossus, Archangel- Archangel can savage, but he isn’t all that much of a threat to some of these teams with telepaths. He can be shut down or turned against his team. If Storm can stay above the fray hurling lightning bolts and beating everyone down with wind, ice, water and the such, she’d probably be hard to deal with. If she can maintain an electric-static around herself it should disrupt telepathic attacks and stay out of range of most physical attacks Colossus, doesn’t last long, but takes out several other members of teams due to his toughness, but hes not invulnerable. He goes down first, but this team simply lasts long. Has a good chance to win, but nowhere near unbeatable.

Havok, Psylocke, Jean Grey- This team has too much defense and offense. Probably the highest chance of winning. Havok is a powerhouse with lots of tactical skill. Jean is Jean, could probably just stand in the middle of the battlefield and maintain a telekinetic bubble and wait for everyone to take each other out. At that point, she, Havok and Remender-buffed Psylocke proceed to thrash the leftovers.

Cyclops, Warpath, Polaris- Outside of Cyclops’ leadership, this team doesn’t last long, but they win two or three engagements due to teamwork. They thin the herd but are ultimately defeated. Warpath is the first to go due having to need to get in too close to fight. Too many powerhouses for his powerset to be overly useful in something like this. Cyclops lasts the longest as the other two would probably go down protecting his back.
    this was actually a nice read well stated points.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

Jubilee, Rogue, Rachel- Jubes is pretty much a non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Killed me. Literally made me throw my head back in laughter

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

I want to vote for Gambit and Laura, but the team with the Omega TP/TK is gonna take it.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"