• Storm, Colossus, Archangel

22 22.45%
  • Havok, Psylocke, Jean Grey

43 43.88%
  • Cyclops, Warpath, Polaris

17 17.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

My argument for the team including Polaris is pretty much that she's so underestimated that her team would win simply by her doing things nobody's expecting her to do.

Realistically though, I voted for it cause she's in it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

The team with Jean on it.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    Ok then when has she been taken out by a telepath...ill wait.
    Karma's taken possession of her in the past

That was New Mutants Magik...this Magik as stated by Warlock is 2.0

That was New Mutants Magik...this Magik as stated by Warlock is 2.0
    Thats all a mere technicality. She's written and treated exactly the same with all the same powers and abilities. Where was it ever stated or shown that she is immune to telepathy?

ETA: Karma took possession of 2.0 this summer in Dead Souls
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-22-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Ok then when has she been taken out by a telepath...ill wait.
    She hasn't been KO'd as far as I can remember, but she has been hurt by telepathic attacks, specifically when the Stephord Cuckoos were controlled into tp-blasting Cyke's team in the Bendis run. She did seem more resistant to it than other characters were.

In terms of this matchup, are we talking characters going all out, does Jean get the Phoenix, Magik her army of Limbo demons?

I'd say the Emma, Danger, Magik team is the best balanced. All 3 are powerhouses, but in different ways and with different specialties. All can defend against telepathy to some extent, and all have a level of invulnerablity if Emma's diamond form and Magik's armor are factored in. And in a pinch, Magik has the ability to literally turn off other mutant's powers. She did it to Rahne in 616 and to Kitty and Colossus in Claremont's X-Men Forever. She can render anyone she wants defenseless.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you betta pick the one and only one that matters lolol

but to help you out storm is about the only one who has beaten all these characters on her own:
    Haha I'd love to feel 100% confident for Storm's team but, working through the possibilities, I'm not seeing the odds favor her team. For example, Colossus & AA have serious vulnerability with Polaris being present. Plus, from a perspective of battle strategy Storm should be a major target for pretty much every team (the same way she would tactically target telepaths, teleporters, Danger and Banshee first).

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    She hasn't been KO'd as far as I can remember, but she has been hurt by telepathic attacks, specifically when the Stephord Cuckoos were controlled into tp-blasting Cyke's team in the Bendis run. She did seem more resistant to it than other characters were.

In terms of this matchup, are we talking characters going all out, does Jean get the Phoenix, Magik her army of Limbo demons?

I'd say the Emma, Danger, Magik team is the best balanced. All 3 are powerhouses, but in different ways and with different specialties. All can defend against telepathy to some extent, and all have a level of invulnerablity if Emma's diamond form and Magik's armor are factored in. And in a pinch, Magik has the ability to literally turn off other mutant's powers. She did it to Rahne in 616 and to Kitty and Colossus in Claremont's X-Men Forever. She can render anyone she wants defenseless.
    I secede to the Son of the Dark one herself, she is resistant not immune.

I secede to the Son of the Dark one herself, she is resistant not immune.
    Karma took possession of her effortlessly in Dead Souls a couple of months ago

which is consistent of her doing it in their teen years

Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Karma took possession of her in Dead Souls a couple of months ago
    Karma's power is not exactly telepathy. And it was outright stated the first time the 2 ever met that Illyana could resist her possession better than most but was not immune to it. So her being able to possess Illyana was established at the very beginning.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Haha I'd love to feel 100% confident for Storm's team but, working through the possibilities, I'm not seeing the odds favor her team. For example, Colossus & AA have serious vulnerability with Polaris being present. Plus, from a perspective of battle strategy Storm should be a major target for pretty much every team (the same way she would tactically target telepaths, teleporters, Danger and Banshee first).
    who of the other teams do you think would be the most problematic for storm? simple removing the air from her opponents lungs would make this an easy win for her without the need of her team all while using various forms of weather to disorient the teams.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Karma's power is not exactly telepathy. And it was outright stated the first time the 2 ever met that Illyana could resist her possession better than most but was not immune to it. So her being able to possess Illyana was established at the very beginning.
    Karma is a telepath. Its a highly specialized form of telepathy, but its telepathy nontheless. Jean Grey has that same power and has possessed people before but she is more powerful and skillful than Karma. I cant think of many examples where Magik has gone up against telepaths or had one try to use their powers on her but Karma is clear and cut and has been done multiple times over the decades

Anyways my point with the Karma examples was that Illyana is not immune to telepathy. Resistance does not equal immunity

Ororo Lover, Polaris could also rip out the iron in Storm's blood.

Havok83, I did not read Dead Souls, I stand corrected she is not immune.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    who of the other teams do you think would be the most problematic for storm? simple removing the air from her opponents lungs would make this an easy win for her without the need of her team all while using various forms of weather to disorient the teams.
    This here reminds me of old Avatar, the Last Airbender discussions, where Katara fans would claim she was the strongest character in the series cause she could freeze the blood of every person within 100 yards of her, or could explode your brain by freezing the liquid in your head, or boil your organs by heating the water in your body.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    This here reminds me of old Avatar, the Last Airbender discussions, where Katara fans would claim she was the strongest character in the series cause she could freeze the blood of every person within 100 yards of her, or could explode your brain by freezing the liquid in your head, or boil your organs by heating the water in your body.
    I was such a katara fan but I'm not sure there was evidence she could build the organs. she could in theory blood bend and of course freeze the blood but katara was super against using that form of manipulation.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!