• Cyclops, Warpath, Polaris

17 17.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

Vote results look good so far.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Teleport within the parameters of the island. If Magik just throws all her opponents in Limbo or Nightcrawler just leaves, that pretty much just leaves them to face each other when they return to the battle field to claim the victory
    I see.... how fast could magik teleport everyone to limbo? could jean for instance knock her out via tp before she does something like that? I mean if you start limiting the full scope of what a character can do it should be the same across the board or it isnt fair at that point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I see.... how fast could magik teleport everyone to limbo? could jean for instance knock her out via tp before she does something like that? I mean if you start limiting the full scope of what a character can do it should be the same across the board or it isnt fair at that point.
    Magik can throw multiple teleporting disks out at once

I guess Jean could theoretically stop her assuming she wasnt one of the first people that Magik targeted. But even if she didnt, Magik can literally just teleport away and come back in a few hours to see if everyone else has killed themselves. She's a time traveller and doesnt need to be in the same space or time. She can just jump forward till there's one other opponent left
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-24-2018 at 01:22 PM.

Magik can throw multiple teleporting disks out at once

I guess Jean could theoretically stop her assuming she wasnt one of the first people that Magik targeted. But even if she didnt, Magik can literally just teleport away and come back in a few hours to see if everyone else has killed themselves. She's a time traveller and doesnt need to be in the same space or time. She can just jump forward till there's one other opponent left
    so basically you would be ok with nerfing of characters to make it fair? I think honestly based on her time traveling abilities magik would win it for a majority. though how often does she deploy that in battle?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

so basically you would be ok with nerfing of characters to make it fair? I think honestly based on her time traveling abilities magik would win it for a majority. though how often does she deploy that in battle?
    see I dont consider it a nerf. Having a basic rule that the battle must be contained within the parameters of the island and timeline is very reasonable. If someone leaves then thats not a battle royale and you disqualify yourself

see I dont consider it a nerf. Having a basic rule that the battle must be contained within the parameters of the island and timeline is very reasonable. If someone leaves then thats not a battle royale and you disqualify yourself
    I guess that's fair. but that wouldnt mean magik couldnt warp time by going back after being severely hurt by an opponent.

I guess that's fair. but that wouldnt mean magik couldnt warp time by going back after being severely hurt by an opponent.
    to be fair she never does it in the books either even though she technically can time travel in battle

to be fair she never does it in the books either even though she technically can time travel in battle
    I was going to ask how many times has she done this in actual battle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed on no one being immune to an opponent getting the drop on them (especially if people through their morals out of the window), but that’s the big if for everyone. I don’t see freeze drying working either and I am doubtful he can do it through force fields (but happy to be proven wrong).Not really a basis to exclude Iceman. He’s a powerful threat but not unbeatable for several people present in the battle.
    EXACTLY. His powers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceman_(Marvel_Comics)
    ... instantly decrease the temperature of ambient water vapor in his immediate environment to below zero degrees Celsius, thereby freezing it into ice. ...
    ... and I'm not sure what force fields could prevent him from doing so, inside them. From the same source, abilities to also keep in mind, that he possesses:

... As mentioned by writer Mike Carey, Iceman is "an Omega-level mutant...[and] has powers that can influence the ecosystem of the entire world."...

... Iceman has also been able to move rapidly to another distant location while in his organic ice form, being able to deposit his bodily mass into a river and reconstitute his entire mass a great distance away in a matter of minutes (by temporarily merging his molecules with those of the river). On one occasion, Iceman suffered a severe chest injury while in his ice form and was able to heal himself by converting back into his normal human form.

Iceman is also able to reconstitute his organic ice form if any part of it is damaged, or even if it is completely shattered, without permanently harming himself. He can temporarily add the mass of a body of water to his own, increasing his mass, size, and strength. He can survive not only as ice, but as liquid water and water vapor. He can also transform his body from a gaseous state back to a solid, although it is physically and mentally taxing. Iceman can also freeze sea water, as seen during the "Operation: Zero Tolerance" story arc. While he usually does not use his powers in lethal ways, his powers are so vast that they extend to the molecular level, to the point that he can freeze all of the molecules of an object/being with a thought; he once froze every single molecule of water within the body of David Haller.

Iceman's powers were pushed to their limit while possessed by Emma Frost, who used Iceman to discover the fate of her Hellions. During this time Iceman was able to control all forms of moisture, freeze fluids inside people's bodies, travel as a liquid, solid or gas. Not even the combined might of the X-Men Gold team was able to stop Emma Frost in Iceman's body. ...
    He's also now gone on to:

... create semi-independent ice structures that can act on their own...
    ... on his own, as well. The boy's a REAL team-buster, just like the others on my OP X-Men list, from the poll choices.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

LOL... no. That's from one of those married to hip-hop wives atlanta shows, right? I think less of you, now.

Get over your feelings. She's not stopping a cold. Maybe if she still had her vamp-powers (thank goodness they are gone). Show me one person on this list that falls to her, and don't tell me because "they won't hurt her", if that's the case 95% of this list wont even fight.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    LOL... no. That's from one of those married to hip-hop wives atlanta shows, right? I think less of you, now.

Get over your feelings. She's not stopping a cold. Maybe if she still had her vamp-powers (thank goodness they are gone). Show me one person on this list that falls to her, and don't tell me because "they won't hurt her", if that's the case 95% of this list wont even fight.
    The only one in their feelings is you. Think less of me if you will but that gif was a joke, one that was prompted by your post which had the infamous line in said gif. If you cant tell by that post, it was in agreement with you. It was meant to be humorous and others got it. Relax dude, it wasnt that serious and wasnt intended to be flame bait for you to come at me.
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-28-2018 at 08:33 AM.

The only one in their feelings is you. Think less of me if you will but that gif was a joke, one that was prompted by your post which had the infamous line in said gif. If you cant tell by that post, it was in agreement with you. It was meant to be humorous and others got it. Relax dude, it wasnt that serious and wasnt intended to be flame bait for you to come at me.
    I was joking... How would I take this seriously? We're talking about comic books. I even started out with LoL... Besides, never seen that gif before. And Nah... couldn't tell you agreed. But again, serious? Me? Here? Nope. Unless I'm talking about Xel, because I genuinely don't understand his reasoning. Well, I take some of that back... I was serious in another thread about Twitter nutjobs thinking their retweeting is effecting change of any kind.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 10-28-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I was joking... How would I take this seriously? We're talking about comic books. I even started out with LoL... Besides, never seen that gif before. And Nah... couldn't tell you agreed. But again, serious? Me? Here? Nope. Unless I'm talking about Xel, because I genuinely don't understand his reasoning. Well, I take some of that back... I was serious in another thread about Twitter nutjobs thinking their retweeting is effecting change of any kind.
    You've been on CBR long enough to know that people on here do

You've been on CBR long enough to know that people on here do
    Yes, I often find it funny, if not troubling... However, I do not. Though, I do like having my thoughts challenged, as long as it's done logically.
    Guild Member

Havok and Psylocke with Jean? Jean would have to really carry the team....