• Cyclops, Warpath, Polaris

17 17.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    you're talking about it why are you talking about it
    lmfao hahaha fine
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lmfao hahaha fine
    I haven't actually read it, because it elicits such an overwhelmingly negative reaction from the fanbase, and I have a huge reading list right now.
    Basically, he went, "Hey, Apocalypse can probably save the mutants, and then I can just betray him at any time!"
    This plan did not go very well.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I've seen at least two people say that at least one who appears to be pretty knowledgeable on her history. it has to be coming from somewhere right?
    No at one point I believe it was true, I remember Emma needing her permission to read her thoughts. But the last time that I know of was Xorn telepathically stopping her, I'm almost sure she read her thoughts was going to do more then, Illyana teleported.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    No at one point I believe it was true, I remember Emma needing her permission to read her thoughts. But the last time that I know of was Xorn telepathically stopping her, I'm almost sure she read her thoughts was going to do more then, Illyana teleported.
    I feel like with a lot of these TP resistant characters, it's like a water-resistant jacket: It repels some water, and it's hard for the rain to get in, but you're gonna get soaked in a downpour. And it's probably not fun for Magik to have somebody hamfistedly rooting around in her head, so if she chooses to let Emma in, it's much easier for both of them.
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

People have confused immunity with resistance. Danger is immune to TP as she has no mind for a TP to manipulate. Magik does and there are examples of TPs accessing her mind. Its much harder than a regular person which is why she is resistant, not immune

when have Xorn and Magik interacted?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I haven't actually read it, because it elicits such an overwhelmingly negative reaction from the fanbase, and I have a huge reading list right now.
    Basically, he went, "Hey, Apocalypse can probably save the mutants, and then I can just betray him at any time!"
    This plan did not go very well.
    lolol I see.. well let's forget we ever brought it up lol

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    People have confused immunity with resistance. Danger is immune to TP as she has no mind for a TP to manipulate. Magik does and there are examples of TPs accessing her mind. Its much harder than a regular person which is why she is resistant, not immune

both of your responses are why I always provide scans when I make a point. it leaves very little up for interpretation.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

It's unclear just what Xorn is doing. When she stops Magik it is with TK, not telepathy. And everything she does after could be TK or TP. I'm inclined to think a bit of both. Then Magik's eyes glow and she seems to resist hard enough to make Xorn call out in pain, which is what allows her to escape. The resistance hurting Xorn to escape is why I think TP is involved at all.

Emma was indeed invited into her mind that time, and Illyana kept her whole plan to have Legion destroy the Elder Gods a secret despite that.

In the 80s she was immune to telepathy full-stop. Emma, Xavier, it didn't matter who the telepath was. No telepath, no matter how hard he or she tried, could read Illyana's mind. Over the past decade that immunity doesn't seem to be there for whatever reason. As I've said, my head-canon is that she learned to turn it off to allay trust issues but can put it back up if she really needs to.

I feel like with a lot of these TP resistant characters, it's like a water-resistant jacket: It repels some water, and it's hard for the rain to get in, but you're gonna get soaked in a downpour. And it's probably not fun for Magik to have somebody hamfistedly rooting around in her head, so if she chooses to let Emma in, it's much easier for both of them.
    Its worse when fans dream this should be fact, especially when writers can barely remember the most minimal details about their own favorites. Why'd they remember specific as telepathic immunity/resistance?

Lady Xorn, Future (Old) Jean, psychic ghost, whatever she and Magik interacted, I'd hoped the implication was clearer by the whole telepathy thing. But Xorn is very confusing even by X-men standards.

Perfect example:

It's like a bulletproof jacket, or bulletproof glass. If you get shot with a .45? You're probably fine. If you get shot with a .50 BMG? You're gonna die.

For comparison? The round on the left is actually BIGGER than a .45 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's unclear just what Xorn is doing. When she stops Magik it is with TK, not telepathy. And everything she does after could be TK or TP. I'm inclined to think a bit of both. Then Magik's eyes glow and she seems to resist hard enough to make Xorn call out in pain, which is what allows her to escape. The resistance hurting Xorn to escape is why I think TP is involved at all.

Emma was indeed invited into her mind that time, and Illyana kept her whole plan to have Legion destroy the Elder Gods a secret despite that.

In the 80s she was immune to telepathy full-stop. Emma, Xavier, it didn't matter who the telepath was. No telepath, no matter how hard he or she tried, could read Illyana's mind. Over the past decade that immunity doesn't seem to be there for whatever reason. As I've said, my head-canon is that she learned to turn it off to allay trust issues but can put it back up if she really needs to.
    I'm almost certain Xorn...Jean mentioned something about Magik's mind or implied something her thoughts but I could be wrong that entire time is a confusing mess of a time for me, but mostly just the stories, character directions, and state of the franchise as a whole.

Its worse when fans dream this should be fact, especially when writers can barely remember the most minimal details about their own favorites. Why'd they remember specific as telepathic immunity/resistance?

Lady Xorn, Future (Old) Jean, psychic ghost, whatever she and Magik interacted, I'd hoped the implication was clearer by the whole telepathy thing. But Xorn is very confusing even by X-men standards.
    I figured it was her but do you know the issue? I did a quick glance through BOTA but didnt see it

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

In the 80s, she was Darkchilde, powers tied to limbo, had no soul and was increasingly becoming more demonic. Magik has a soul, is more human and the limbo connection and demonic persona is weak. I think it makes sense why she would be far less resistant now than she wa in the 80s
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-23-2018 at 07:53 PM.

I figured it was her but do you know the issue? I did a quick glance through BOTA but didnt see it
    I don't, I honestly don't remember much of those issues, but that always stood out because at the time I thought she's using telepathy on Magik? But there is a chance that I'm wrong, I do remember she was not wearing the mask when it happened.

In the 80s, she was Darkchilde, powers tied to limbo, had no soul and was increasingly becoming more demonic. Magik has a soul, is more human and the limbo connection and demonic persona is weak. I think it makes sense why she would be far less resistant now than she wa in the 80s
    Magik can go more Darkchilde these days, though, right? Doesn't she turn, like, super demonic in Dead Souls?

Edit: Found the scan from Dead Souls:

On a side note: Hell of a splash page.
    Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 10-23-2018 at 08:06 PM.

I don't, I honestly don't remember much of those issues, but that always stood out because at the time I thought she's using telepathy on Magik? But there is a chance that I'm wrong, I do remember she was not wearing the mask when it happened.
    Found it. UXM 13. Definitely looked like a mix of TK and TP. TK to hold her in place and TP to suggest her to commit suicide

Magik can go more Darkchilde these days, though, right? Doesn't she turn, like, super demonic in Dead Souls?
    she can but she has control and retains her humanity. In the 80s, she was slowly becoming more demonic as she did this

I thought after swallowing Limbo she was at her strongest? Or was that reversed I honestly don't remember and the things Bendis did kind of blurs in my mind with whatever Lemire had going on.

Found it. UXM 13. Definitely looked like a mix of TK and TP. TK to hold her in place and TP to suggest her to commit suicide
    OK....I definitely didn't remember it being so dark lol.